Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default about the HF metal cutting saw

In answer to some query within the last two weeks, I mentioned a harbor
freight metal cutting circular saw - it's on sale in the current catalog,
for $75, log number 8897, blades are $17 - it's on pg 19 of catalog 14b-1 .
I've used this on automotive sheet metal, and on I beam material that was
1/2 to 3/8 thick, no problem, even cutting the I part where it was cutting
through about 3 inches at once. I like this a lot better than an abrasive
saw.

--
bill
to email me, to to my web page, www.wbnoble.com and find my email

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

William Noble wrote:
In answer to some query within the last two weeks, I mentioned a harbor
freight metal cutting circular saw - it's on sale in the current catalog,
for $75, log number 8897, blades are $17 - it's on pg 19 of catalog 14b-1 .
I've used this on automotive sheet metal, and on I beam material that was
1/2 to 3/8 thick, no problem, even cutting the I part where it was cutting
through about 3 inches at once. I like this a lot better than an abrasive
saw.

do the chips come off really hot?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I would consider just buying the blades. As long as a saw doesn't have
plastic parts in the shroud area, any saw can use the blades (if they
have standard mounting) and cut metal. 'Course, the front bearing my not
be properly shielded for this, but I doubt the Chinese on is either.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

William Noble wrote:
In answer to some query within the last two weeks, I mentioned a harbor
freight metal cutting circular saw - it's on sale in the current catalog,
for $75, log number 8897, blades are $17 - it's on pg 19 of catalog 14b-1 .
I've used this on automotive sheet metal, and on I beam material that was
1/2 to 3/8 thick, no problem, even cutting the I part where it was cutting
through about 3 inches at once. I like this a lot better than an abrasive
saw.

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"