DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   sporgery filter ? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/211899-sporgery-filter.html)

pogo[_2_] August 22nd 07 06:02 PM

sporgery filter ?

I see that the sporgery has been effectively stopped on here.
Any hints as to what us on another newsgroup that I frequent can do to make
the same thing happen ? Did somebody on this group write a filter or was
there some other means used ? Just trying to educate myself on this stuff.
Thanks !
JCD

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] August 22nd 07 06:12 PM

sporgery filter ?

"pogo" fired this volley in
:

I see that the sporgery has been effectively stopped on here.
Any hints as to what us on another newsgroup that I frequent can do to
make the same thing happen ? Did somebody on this group write a filter
or was there some other means used ? Just trying to educate myself on
this stuff. Thanks !
JCD

One of a few things has happened: The sporgers have simply abandoned this
group as not worth harassing, or the various source newsfeeds have put a
stop to it, or the various news servers have filtered the feeds.

You can reduce your own frustration by using a decent newsreader like
XNews (free), and setting up filtering on your own machine. It's pretty
crippling to dial-up users to do the filtering on the client end, but
almost unnoticable on broadband lines.

LLoyd

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] August 22nd 07 06:21 PM

sporgery filter ?

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com fired this volley
in . 3.70:

"pogo" fired this volley in
:

I see that the sporgery has been effectively stopped on here.
Any hints as to what us on another newsgroup that I frequent can do
to make the same thing happen ? Did somebody on this group write a
filter or was there some other means used ? Just trying to educate
myself on this stuff. Thanks !
JCD

One of a few things has happened:

That should have said, "one OR a few things...."

LLoyd

Pat August 23rd 07 03:07 AM

sporgery filter ?

"pogo" wrote in message
I see that the sporgery has been effectively stopped on here.
Any hints as to what us on another newsgroup that I frequent can do to
make
the same thing happen ? Did somebody on this group write a filter or was
there some other means used ? Just trying to educate myself on this stuff.
Thanks !
JCD

I see my server has dropped that group so I have no way accessing it
anymore. I wonder where we will all go in the future.