Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Where will metallic reloading go without Ebay?

I just looked at:
http://www.auctionarms.com/search/auctions.aspx?ab=790
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Browse.asp?Cat=1016
http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search.ht...=&MN=0&MX=0&F=
http://seattle.craigslist.org/search...min&maxAsk=max

It looks to me like Auction Arms is the place.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 07:28:18 -0700, Clark Magnuson
wrote:

I just looked at:
http://www.auctionarms.com/search/auctions.aspx?ab=790
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Browse.asp?Cat=1016
http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search.ht...=&MN=0&MX=0&F=
http://seattle.craigslist.org/search...min&maxAsk=max

It looks to me like Auction Arms is the place.

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/di...temnum=8144924

$86 per Thousand??????

Are they out of their ****ing minds????????

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

It looks to me like Auction Arms is the place.

http://www.auctionarms.com/search/di...temnum=8144924

$86 per Thousand??????

Are they out of their ****ing minds????????

Heck 133.99 per 5000 at Midwayusa. Sucker born every minute.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
Clark Magnuson wrote on Mon, 13 Aug 2007
07:28:18 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
I just looked at:
http://www.auctionarms.com/search/auctions.aspx?ab=790
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Browse.asp?Cat=1016
http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search.ht...=&MN=0&MX=0&F=
http://seattle.craigslist.org/search...min&maxAsk=max

It looks to me like Auction Arms is the place.

It isn't just the "gun stuff" ban which is the problem. Where do I
take my other business?

Where do I go for an online auction of older cell phones?

Out of print paperbacks?

Machine tools: mics, calipers, gizmos, widgets and thingies?

That is the "real" problem: Ebay has a natural monopoly on on-line
auctions. Like Google, they won't miss your business, but you will miss
theirs.

pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est. "
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search.htm?OG=0&T=brass&AS=60&LF=0&OI=0...
http://seattle.craigslist.org/search...nAsk=min&maxAs...

It looks to me like Auction Arms is the place.

It isn't just the "gun stuff" ban which is the problem. Where do I
take my other business?

Where do I go for an online auction of older cell phones?

Out of print paperbacks?

Machine tools: mics, calipers, gizmos, widgets and thingies?

That is the "real" problem: Ebay has a natural monopoly on on-line
auctions. Like Google, they won't miss your business, but you will miss
theirs.

pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est. "
Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 45 AD
(A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)

Could you explain more?

There was life before Ebay.

There are many venues to convert items into cash other than
Ebay...some even legal.

As for the costs of reloading, I have already said that the whining we
heard earlier was because of economics and not because of the denial
of one's right to bear arms.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hopefully eBay making their own rules more strict will lead to competition
eventually replacing them. I remember when K-Marts were everywhere and the
only Wal-Mart I ever saw was in Branson MO. Once I got a Christmas gift
from K-Mart that didn't work. My dad found the receipt but the K-Mart said
it wasn't from that particular stores registers. I took the item to
Wal-Mart, they exchanged it without a receipt. Since that time I probably
hadn't made a hand full of purchases from K-Mart, I probably spent more at
Wal-Mart per month than I have in K-Mart for the last 28 years. I'm sure my
business didn't hurt K-Mart, but collectively I think unsatisfied customers
made a difference. Now I see Wal-Mart (and eBay) heading the same direction
as K-Mart was 28 years ago. They thought they were big enough that they
didn't have to care about making customers happy. Hopefully eBays future is
as bright as K-Marts was when they were big!

RogerN