Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wonderfull!

What a wonderful string of posts that was! Doesn't it make you feel
wonderfull that someone would enlighten the BBS like that?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:33:36 -0700, Gerry wrote:
What a wonderful string of posts that was! Doesn't it make you feel
wonderfull that someone would enlighten the BBS like that?

Hmmm, haven't seen a thing out of the ordinary. I get my newsfeed from
news.individual.net which is about 5 bucks a month, fast, reliable, and
has great spam filtering. Also frees you up to use any newsreader you'd
like.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dave Hinz wrote:

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:33:36 -0700, Gerry wrote:

What a wonderful string of posts that was! Doesn't it make you feel
wonderfull that someone would enlighten the BBS like that?

Hmmm, haven't seen a thing out of the ordinary. I get my newsfeed from
news.individual.net which is about 5 bucks a month, fast, reliable, and
has great spam filtering. Also frees you up to use any newsreader you'd
like.

So, you two going to carry on as usual?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dave Hinz wrote:

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:33:36 -0700, Gerry wrote:
What a wonderful string of posts that was! Doesn't it make you feel
wonderfull that someone would enlighten the BBS like that?

Hmmm, haven't seen a thing out of the ordinary. I get my newsfeed from
news.individual.net which is about 5 bucks a month, fast, reliable, and
has great spam filtering. Also frees you up to use any newsreader you'd
like.

I get my feed from Forte who gets it from supernews. I haven't seen this
flood at my end. Just tried google:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...?start=60&sa=N

Probably won't be current by the time you see it but google archived the
flood. Looked like about 90 messages or so. Didn't go back further to see
if this was repeated.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Dave Hinz wrote:

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:33:36 -0700, Gerry wrote:
What a wonderful string of posts that was! Doesn't it make you feel
wonderfull that someone would enlighten the BBS like that?

Hmmm, haven't seen a thing out of the ordinary. I get my newsfeed from
news.individual.net which is about 5 bucks a month, fast, reliable, and
has great spam filtering. Also frees you up to use any newsreader you'd
like.

I get my feed from Forte who gets it from supernews. I haven't seen this
flood at my end. Just tried google:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...?start=60&sa=N

Probably won't be current by the time you see it but google archived the
flood. Looked like about 90 messages or so. Didn't go back further to see
if this was repeated.

Wes

news:sci.electronics.design got hit with over 50,000 in a single day,
several months ago. It took me about an houur to clean up the
newsgroup.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

news:sci.electronics.design got hit with over 50,000 in a single day,
several months ago. It took me about an houur to clean up the
newsgroup.

Wow, what a hit. I have 160,000 mostly legit messages archived going back
to May of 2005 on this install of Agent. If Cave Lamb is experiencing this
sort of attack this I understand why he trying to fight back.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 03:43:48 GMT, cavelamb himself wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:33:36 -0700, Gerry wrote:

What a wonderful string of posts that was! Doesn't it make you feel
wonderfull that someone would enlighten the BBS like that?

Hmmm, haven't seen a thing out of the ordinary. I get my newsfeed from
news.individual.net which is about 5 bucks a month, fast, reliable, and
has great spam filtering. Also frees you up to use any newsreader you'd
like.

So, you two going to carry on as usual?

Wot, not prefix with RCM: in the subject line? Yup. I gave you my
filtering info, if you choose to subscribe to a newsfeed that lets
whatever it is you're seeing through, and/or not filter out crossposts
with more than two instances of , in the Newsgroup lines, then yeah, I
guess you'll see a bunch of crap. Not seeing it, I don't (a) see the
problem, or (b) see why the obvious fix wouldn't be applied and the
world should conform to some workaround that is inferior.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dave Hinz wrote:

[...]

Ok, I can undestand that...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 00:59:18 GMT, cavelamb himself wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

Wot, not prefix with RCM: in the subject line? Yup. I gave you my
filtering info, if you choose to subscribe to a newsfeed that lets
whatever it is you're seeing through, and/or not filter out crossposts
with more than two instances of , in the Newsgroup lines, then yeah, I
guess you'll see a bunch of crap. Not seeing it, I don't (a) see the
problem, or (b) see why the obvious fix wouldn't be applied and the
world should conform to some workaround that is inferior.

Ok, I can undestand that...

Wow. Allow me to note that, for the first time in 17 years, someone
shown the errors of their ways, have acknowledged same in a usenet post.
My Respect To You Sir.

Dave Hinz

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

news:sci.electronics.design got hit with over 50,000 in a single day,
several months ago. It took me about an houur to clean up the
newsgroup.

Wow, what a hit. I have 160,000 mostly legit messages archived going back
to May of 2005 on this install of Agent. If Cave Lamb is experiencing this
sort of attack this I understand why he trying to fight back.

Wes

Some loser got ****ed off when one of the EEs on the group corrected
his bad advice, and brought his buddies from alt.usenet.kooks in to
trash the newsgroup. They were cross posting to all kinds of weird
groups, to stir up trouble. There are some VERY sick newsgroups out
there.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell