DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   low melting point metal (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/210155-low-melting-point-metal.html)

[email protected] August 8th 07 01:33 PM

low melting point metal

Hello!

I just want to know which metals have low melting points in the range
of 400 to 600 degrees Celcius?

Trevor Jones August 8th 07 01:55 PM

low melting point metal

wrote:
Hello!

I just want to know which metals have low melting points in the range
of 400 to 600 degrees Celcius?

Hmmmmm....

Managed to find this place, but can't manage to find what he needs
using a search engine.

Can't see him getting a passing mark on that homework assignment at all!

Funny! Sad too!

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Don Stauffer in Minnesota August 8th 07 02:46 PM

low melting point metal

On Aug 8, 7:33 am, wrote:
Hello!

I just want to know which metals have low melting points in the range
of 400 to 600 degrees Celcius?

Various alloys of tin, lead, antimony, bismuth.

Micro Mark sells such metal ingots in a couple of melting temps.

Wes[_2_] August 8th 07 02:54 PM

low melting point metal

wrote:

Hello!

I just want to know which metals have low melting points in the range
of 400 to 600 degrees Celcius?

www.wikipedia.org Periodic chart. Get after it.

Wes

Abrasha August 8th 07 07:37 PM

low melting point metal

wrote:
Hello!

I just want to know which metals have low melting points in the range
of 400 to 600 degrees Celcius?

Yo dude.

Ever heard of google? Try "low melting point metal".

Duh!

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Brian Lawson August 8th 07 09:14 PM

low melting point metal

wrote:
Hello!

I just want to know which metals have low melting points in the range
of 400 to 600 degrees Celcius?

Hmmmmm, that's not low temp.

This is low:

http://www.mcp-group.com/alloys/lmpa_workh.html

Good luck.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Sam Soltan August 8th 07 10:00 PM

low melting point metal

I believe the stuff is Cerrobend or Cerromatrix

http://www.hitechalloys.com/hitechalloys_002.htm

"Don Stauffer in Minnesota" wrote in message
oups.com...

Jim R Studdard August 8th 07 11:07 PM

low melting point metal

Sounds like it's the same alloys called Cerrobend in the US.

David Billington August 8th 07 11:20 PM

low melting point metal

The OP asked about metals melting in the 400C to 600C range, Cerrobend
at least melts about 70C, as marked on my ingot.

Sam Soltan wrote:

I believe the stuff is Cerrobend or Cerromatrix

http://www.hitechalloys.com/hitechalloys_002.htm

"Don Stauffer in Minnesota" wrote in message
roups.com...

David Billington August 8th 07 11:22 PM

low melting point metal

Brian Lawson wrote:

wrote:
Hello!

I just want to know which metals have low melting points in the range
of 400 to 600 degrees Celcius?

Hmmmmm, that's not low temp.

This is low:

http://www.mcp-group.com/alloys/lmpa_workh.html

Good luck.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

You can get lower melting point alloys as there are indium alloys which
are replacements for mercury at room temps.

Newshound August 8th 07 11:51 PM

low melting point metal

I just want to know which metals have low melting points in the range
of 400 to 600 degrees Celcius?

www.wikipedia.org Periodic chart. Get after it.

Wes

Also google for "Kaye and Laby", which will get data from the UK National
Physical Laboratory (sort of like the US National Bureau of Standards).

Steve R.[_2_] August 9th 07 01:51 AM

low melting point metal

On Aug 8, 7:33 am, wrote:
Hello!

I just want to know which metals have low melting points in the range
of 400 to 600 degrees Celcius?

Various alloys of tin, lead, antimony, bismuth.

Micro Mark sells such metal ingots in a couple of melting temps.

Ummm, 600 Celsius/Centigrade is 1112 F. Four hundred C. is 752 F.

Steve R.

--
Return address munged, to bugger up spammers!

Bill Marrs August 9th 07 02:57 AM

low melting point metal

I just want to know which metals have low melting points in the range
of 400 to 600 degrees Celcius?

Interesting. Looks like there is only one actual elemental metal in the
400-600 range,
plus one "metalloid" element.

I'm assuming that the OP is asking about elemental metals and not alloys?

Hint to the OP---try a Google for "melting point of metals". It's a lot
quicker than posting here
and waiting for replies.