Old August 11th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - What Do Home Depot and Chrysler Have In Common?

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007 22:47:17 -0700, Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote:
TMT doesn't let facts get in their way. GE stock was strong, then 9/11
happened, went into a slump for a while, and is now doing very well. At
40 now, I don't think it went below 28 or so though, so 3/4 rather than
half, yes.

Actually it got down to the 20-22 range for a while.

Hmm. would you look at that. It's also worth noting that I left GE in
2002, came back in 2006. Which corresponds with the dip in stock price.
Perhaps I should graph that out before my next performance review...

Old August 11th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Dave Hinz" wrote:
TMT doesn't let facts get in their way. GE stock was strong, then 9/11
happened, went into a slump for a while, and is now doing very well. At
40 now, I don't think it went below 28 or so though, so 3/4 rather than
half, yes.

Actually it got down to the 20-22 range for a while.

Hmm. would you look at that. It's also worth noting that I left GE in
2002, came back in 2006. Which corresponds with the dip in stock price.
Perhaps I should graph that out before my next performance review...

A company man, are we?

Naturally you would not be biased.,,LOL.

And for the stock dip to occur when you rejoined GE...couldn't that be
a reason to rate you in the bottom 5%? I have seen more outrageous
reasons used.

See...I know how to do performance reviews too....and use them to get
rid of employees I don't like.

The Welch Way sucks....and long term it guts a company of its
experienced people.

TMT

Old August 31st 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Joe Pfeiffer" wrote in message
"Kate" writes:

*I hate to say this, but I wish it DID have keyless entry and power
windows.
I damn near ran off the road once while rolling down the passenger window,
nearly spilled my latte and smeared mascara all over my face. Not to
mention, when I corrected I dropped my cell phone on the passenger floor
and
had to reach for it!

Please, please, please: there's a standard convention for separating
out your new text from the text you're quoting. It's been worked out
over literally decades, and it works. It may not work as well your
new way of doing it, but it works. Suddenly seeing a post that uses a
brand-new (and, to an old-timer, completely counterintuitive) way of
quoting makes your posts really hard to read. I thank for not
top-posting, of course, but... please.

(I'd have emailed this, but you're using an invalid email address in
order to avoid spam)

------------- new text below ----------
Sorry Joe...
I have posted for so long and in so many groups. Some don't care about top
posts, some do.
Generally it seems, these days, to be a personal preference.

I understand how it can be confusing. Personally I prefer the top posts as
it makes it so that one does not have to scroll through all of the old stuff
to read the reply.
No disrespect intended, as you can see by my humble position on the bottom
of this reply
*smile*
I will try not to confuse you in the future, but I have to warn you...
Some people were given the gift of dance, some of art, some of music. I
swear to God in heaven, I was given the gift of confusion. Now, if I could
only find a way to market it.

Kate

Is Home Depot shafting shoppers? "Home Depot is a consistent abuser of its customers' time." Stephen Blackpool Home Repair 65 March 17th 07 12:53 PM
Home Depot Ha-Ha Al Bundy Home Repair 4 October 6th 06 05:17 AM
FREE Home Depot Home Improvement How-To-Guide [email protected] Home Repair 3 June 2nd 06 11:06 PM
Home Depot at home services, any good reports? [email protected] Home Repair 8 January 20th 05 07:27 PM
Chrysler Radio 1996 Dodge Stratus (Chrysler Sirrus?) Pinout question with GMC S15 Truck None Electronics Repair 4 July 3rd 04 11:29 PM