Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Russian garages

Hello all,

I found an interesting story on the BBC website. It was about how
Russian men build garages and how this is a mystery to women. Here is
the link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6927395.stm

The article is located on the right of the page under "IN PICTURES" it
is called "Male Bonding". Well, st least that is the location today.
In a few days you might need to do search on the website to find it.
Good luck and hope you enjoy it.

Richard

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

Hello all,

I found an interesting story on the BBC website. It was about how
Russian men build garages and how this is a mystery to women. Here is
the link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6927395.stm

Try:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...ges/html/1.stm

Excellent link. I wonder if Iggy has vodka and pickles in his?

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 15:15:48 -0400, Wes wrote:
" wrote:

Hello all,

I found an interesting story on the BBC website. It was about how
Russian men build garages and how this is a mystery to women. Here is
the link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6927395.stm

Try:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...ges/html/1.stm

Excellent link. I wonder if Iggy has vodka and pickles in his?

Wes

Not vodka, but I have a fridge in the garage, and am just about to set
up a computer there.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 15:20:54 -0400, Wes wrote:

dav1936531 wrote:

Yeah but those pictures must all be fakes because there isn't a
calender of the Rigid Tool girls tacked up on any of the walls in the
pics. Nobody could have a set up like that without one. Impossible.

I was going to say I have a garage shop w/o a Rigid Tool calendar but then I
realized I have an Elvira calender and a GLL packed and stacked calendar
which is likely a reasonable substitute.

Wes

You have a stacked and Packed?

Oooooooo!!!! Good Kharma!!!

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...ss_murmansk0s_...

Excellent link. I wonder if Iggy has vodka and pickles in his?

Wes

Not vodka, but I have a fridge in the garage, and am just about to set
up a computer there.

Those guys are living the dream. I can only hope to one day have a
sauna in my garage. A lot of what I do also seems to be a mystery to
my wife, but she is pretty tolerant anyhow.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

Hello all,

I found an interesting story on the BBC website. It was about how
Russian men build garages and how this is a mystery to women. Here is
the link:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6927395.stm

Try:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...ss_murmansk0s_...

Excellent link. I wonder if Iggy has vodka and pickles in his?

Wes

Not vodka, but I have a fridge in the garage, and am just about to set
up a computer there.

Those guys are living the dream. I can only hope to one day have a
sauna in my garage. A lot of what I do also seems to be a mystery to
my wife, but she is pretty tolerant anyhow.

Three weeks ago we attended the "wake" for my wife's brother, held in
his "garage". When he started his plumbing business, he converted his
single garage to an office (there was no space available in his small
home) and added a workshop behind, including furnace, indoor plumbing,
etc. After turning the business over to his son, the "office"
underwent further modification. These Russians had nothing on him
except perhaps some still have room for a car.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus31088 wrote:

Excellent link. I wonder if Iggy has vodka and pickles in his?

Wes

Not vodka, but I have a fridge in the garage, and am just about to set
up a computer there.

So you have pickles. What kind?

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Yeah but those pictures must all be fakes because there isn't a
calender of the Rigid Tool girls tacked up on any of the walls in the
pics. Nobody could have a set up like that without one. Impossible.
Dave

Agree. I see microwave, computer, TV, tools. Absolutely no wall art. Got
to be fake.

Bill

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

dav1936531 wrote:

Yeah but those pictures must all be fakes because there isn't a
calender of the Rigid Tool girls tacked up on any of the walls in the
pics. Nobody could have a set up like that without one. Impossible.

I was going to say I have a garage shop w/o a Rigid Tool calendar but then I
realized I have an Elvira calender and a GLL packed and stacked calendar
which is likely a reasonable substitute.

Wes

Oh Man, Wess!
Brings back a plesant memory.
Elvira (Cassandra Peterson)
I fixed her compuer once.

Sweet lady.

Richard

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 16:37:43 +1000, "x" wrote:

see photo 7.

russ
"Bill Marrs" wrote in message

Yeah but those pictures must all be fakes because there isn't a
calender of the Rigid Tool girls tacked up on any of the walls in the
pics. Nobody could have a set up like that without one. Impossible.
Dave

Agree. I see microwave, computer, TV, tools. Absolutely no wall art.
Got to be fake.

Bill

That looks like a calender of Renoir paintings. The guy probably dug
it out of a trash bin somewhere. Some may consider that "fine art",
but it isn't the Rigid Tool girls.

It's a well known scientific fact that pleasant images of the Rigid
Tool girls ward off the brain damaging effects of Bondo vapours.
Everyone knows that no auto work can be done without this critical
safety device. Ergo: the pics are fakes.
Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default RCM: Russian garages

Hi Guys:

I'm going through the current topics to hopefully suggest a way to tag
valid RCM traffic.

Add RCM: on the beginning of the title line - BEFORE the obligatory OT?

Hang tiugh - keep posting.

CaveLamb