DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Load your guns/keyboard. Here is one for you. (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/207859-re-load-your-guns-keyboard-here-one-you.html)

b July 22nd 07 06:58 PM

Load your guns/keyboard. Here is one for you.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to offer suggestions. I will try the
'sleeve' method and see if that holds. This is not a 'cheapie' whacker.

"b" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have a Toro weed whacker or whatever you wish to call it. I know what I
have called it.

Anyway, this thing labeled Brush Cutter but whacks weeds, has a broken
flexible shaft.
Aside from not knowing how to get this shaft loose from the
pull-start/clutch/engine, I have been thinking of welding it where it
broke,
then, I wouldn't have to remove it. The cable/shaft is spirally wound and
costs like crazy.
It won't bend at the welded joint
I can just see all of the individual wires that make up this cable,
melting
into a glob when I attempt to weld it. If I am successful I won't have to
remove the cable/shaft and besides, it doesn't need a sharp radius in
which
to bend.

Question: Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks