DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   FA - for all you old engine types - Adapter to use Jerry Can as fuel tank Mil Surplus (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/207809-fa-all-you-old-engine-types-adapter-use-jerry-can-fuel-tank-mil-surplus.html)

William Noble July 22nd 07 06:02 AM

FA - for all you old engine types - Adapter to use Jerry Can as fuel tank Mil Surplus

I hadn't seen one of these adapters before - looks like it would come in
real handy if you want to run your old engine (or outboard) from a jerry can
here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300133207649

--
bill
to email me, to to my web page, www.wbnoble.com and find my email

Stupendous Man July 22nd 07 07:01 PM

FA - for all you old engine types - Adapter to use Jerry Can as fuel tank Mil Surplus

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300133207649

That's cool. I start and test run engines in antique and/or racing vehicles
long before the vehicle is to be put into use, and don't want to put fuel in
the clean tank
I use a one gallon paint thinner can with a copper tube outlet soldered into
the base as a temp fuel tank.
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/arborigi...03146405030/58
This one test was a little dangerous, only a quick ride to check the
transmission function while the paint was drying on the real fuel tank.
--
Stupendous Man,

Nick Hull July 23rd 07 11:43 AM

FA - for all you old engine types - Adapter to use Jerry Can as fuel tank Mil Surplus

In article ,
"Stupendous Man" wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300133207649

That's cool. I start and test run engines in antique and/or racing vehicles
long before the vehicle is to be put into use, and don't want to put fuel in
the clean tank
I use a one gallon paint thinner can with a copper tube outlet soldered into
the base as a temp fuel tank.
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/arborigi...03146405030/58
This one test was a little dangerous, only a quick ride to check the
transmission function while the paint was drying on the real fuel tank.

I've found a common 2-liter soda bottle works as a small gas
tank; put hose adapter in lid and turn upside down ;)

LLBrown July 23rd 07 03:04 PM

FA - for all you old engine types - Adapter to use Jerry Can as fuel tank Mil Surplus

Jerry Cans in general are very interesting, they were considered an
important secret before WWII and have lots of little things about them you
never considered (3 handles?) There is an article he

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_can

LLB

.. .

Ignoramus3627 July 23rd 07 03:52 PM

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:04:22 GMT, LLBrown wrote:
Jerry Cans in general are very interesting, they were considered an
important secret before WWII and have lots of little things about them you
never considered (3 handles?) There is an article he

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_can

I always carry a jerry can with gas in my truck.

I also have 8 jerry cans full of diesel fuel (different color paint)
in my yard for the generator.

Martin July 23rd 07 05:25 PM

FA - for all you old engine types - Adapter to use Jerry Can as fuel tank Mil Surplus

I think someone emailed that photo to me last week - the caption said
something like "redneck suicide bomber" :)

Pretty cool bike - is that a '67 Tiger?

Martin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m&item=3001332...

andy July 24th 07 04:19 PM

On Jul 22, 2:01 pm, "Stupendous Man" wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m&item=3001332...

That's cool. I start and test run engines in antique and/or racing vehicles
long before the vehicle is to be put into use, and don't want to put fuel in
the clean tank
I use a one gallon paint thinner can with a copper tube outlet soldered into
the base as a temp fuel tank.http://new.photos.yahoo.com/arborigi...03146405030/58
This one test was a little dangerous, only a quick ride to check the
transmission function while the paint was drying on the real fuel tank.
--
Stupendous Man,

Go Stupendous Man!!
That photo (you w/ gas necklace) made me laugh out loud.
Good Stuff!

William Noble August 3rd 07 05:22 AM

FA - for all you old engine types - Adapter to use Jerry Can as fuel tank Mil Surplus

last one of these now on ebay,