DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   triping circuit breaker (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/207709-re-triping-circuit-breaker.html)

RoyJ July 21st 07 06:27 AM

triping circuit breaker

So how did it all work out?? It may be nice now but next week is
supposed to be HOT and HOTTER.

Karl Townsend wrote:

Drought here in cemtral MN...

I'm running the irrigation well 24 hours a day. Its a 15 horse one phase
unit and draws 60 amps on one leg and 55 on the other. During start, when
water pressure is still low the numbers can be as high as 75 and 80. Pumps
move more water at lower pressure and this takes more power.

Last drought, I had trouble tripping an 80 amp breaker so I changed it out
to a 100 amp.

Now, the 100 amp is tripping. its VERY hot, so I removed the circuit box
metal cover and I'm trying it that way.

Do circuit breakers just wear out? Other possibilities? I keep watching that
amp meter, its always the same and nowhere near the limit on the breaker.

BTW, a well pump always draws a bit harder on one leg - normal

Karl