DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Load your guns/keyboard. Here is one for you. (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/207626-re-load-your-guns-keyboard-here-one-you.html)

Martin H. Eastburn July 20th 07 03:32 AM

Load your guns/keyboard. Here is one for you.

I'd look at making or buying a sleeve that two screws are on one side -
and the other side - and the wires feed into a metal tube. Tighten
and paint the screws - finger nail polish is great - Make a light as
possible - so it won't buck and wiggle.

That is what I would try, might not work.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

b wrote:
I have a Toro weed whacker or whatever you wish to call it. I know what I
have called it.

Anyway, this thing labeled Brush Cutter but whacks weeds, has a broken
flexible shaft.
Aside from not knowing how to get this shaft loose from the
pull-start/clutch/engine, I have been thinking of welding it where it broke,
then, I wouldn't have to remove it. The cable/shaft is spirally wound and
costs like crazy.
It won't bend at the welded joint
I can just see all of the individual wires that make up this cable, melting
into a glob when I attempt to weld it. If I am successful I won't have to
remove the cable/shaft and besides, it doesn't need a sharp radius in which
to bend.

Question: Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks

be