DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Varmint heartbreak (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/207584-re-varmint-heartbreak.html)

Karl Townsend July 19th 07 03:20 PM

Varmint heartbreak

Don,

I prefer to use a little more power. The 10 guage magnum goose gun with
number 4 works well. No problem at 60 yard on the run. Don't think I'll
post any pics though. I do an orchard clean up day at first snow.

Haven't seen many posts from you lately. Hope its because you're too busy
fishin'

Karl

Don Foreman July 19th 07 04:25 PM

Varmint heartbreak

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:20:53 GMT, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

Don,

I prefer to use a little more power. The 10 guage magnum goose gun with
number 4 works well. No problem at 60 yard on the run. Don't think I'll
post any pics though. I do an orchard clean up day at first snow.

I'd use my .243 at a nice spread like yours. Not as sure a thing as
your 10 gage on runners, but it sure would be fun. Fitch enjoys
popping groundhogs out to 175 yards with a .17HMR. That is a fun
little rifle! Not much good in a crosswind, though.

Haven't seen many posts from you lately. Hope its because you're too busy
fishin'

I've been lurkin'. Bass fishin' has indeed been excellent.