DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wire feed tracking in mig's/Hobart & Miller (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/18054-wire-feed-tracking-migs-hobart-miller.html)

John July 22nd 04 01:44 AM

Wire feed tracking in mig's/Hobart & Miller

What's the deal with wire feed tracking in Hobart and Miller 110v
welders? A few people seem to hate it and most are silent about it.
I am a newbie. Does it matter? I have narrowed down to a Hobart 140,
HTP 120, or a Lincoln-135T.
I like the Hobart, but if wire feed tracking is going to get in my way
(like all the 'auto-help' features in microsoft software) I don't want
it. Is it a big deal?