Martin H. Eastburn

Default can't pass up usefull trash

Jim Stewart wrote:
Old Nick wrote:

I have actually returned an item of electronic eqipt, and specifically
said that it was stuffed. Do NOT put it back on the shelf. I came back
1/2 hour later and there it was.....

I bought a harddrive at Fry's. It was sealed
up in a nice anti-static bag. I installed it
in my computer and it booted Windows...

Now the question is :

was the box stating 200GB and the drive says 60GB ? :-)

Sometimes stuff at Fry's is returned by someone not knowing what they do or
by someone that couldn't afford to do what they did.

The Windows might be customers, (check for user name within) might be from
Fry's check out desk before restock.

I guess you bought a re-packaged one.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer
Glenn Lyford

I used to live a mile or two from the Lincoln township dump, In
Massachusetts.

The town I grew up in had until about 20 yrs ago, a dump attendant
who would pick the pile between drop-offs by residents. He would
resell what he could, haggle, barter, trade, whatever. He even
built a house in town out of salvaged building materials. He
always had bikes and hubcaps. My dad bought a lawnmower he had
assembled out of 2 or 3 others for $20. That mower was the best
running one we owned, even compared to a couple of others we bought
new, and outlasted them to boot. Dad only stopped using it when he
got a rider...

I still miss the open dumps, for the fractional horse appliance
motors and bed frames if nothing else.

--Glenn Lyford

Shawn

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
Old Nick wrote:

I have actually returned an item of electronic eqipt, and specifically
said that it was stuffed. Do NOT put it back on the shelf. I came back
1/2 hour later and there it was.....

I bought a harddrive at Fry's. It was sealed
up in a nice anti-static bag. I installed it
in my computer and it booted Windows...

Some might say that was a double slap in the face.

Shawn

Greg O

"Wayne Cook" wrote in message

Yup! Just mowers will kill you quick, certainly around here! I did do

pretty
much anything I could to make a buck! The winters here are hard on a

small
shop with limited equipment. I would go from haveing two or three guys
working for me in the summer, to having zero work to do in the winter. I

did
some welding and metal fabricating but it seemed that work also followed

the
seasons.

After the first 2 or 3 years I rarely had any slack time. Of course
when I first started I was working at the local truck stop nights and
evenings.

Heck, I ran my shop for 5 years! In the summer I would work 80-90 hours a
week, (no kidding, just ask my wife!), and still be behind on work with a
full time mechanic, a runner, and my wife. In the winter, I would often come
down, open the shop, and pray for the phone to ring! I could not for the
life of me find something to fill in the winter months. We made out like
bandits all summer, and gave all the money back in the winter!
Greg

Gunner

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 01:32:13 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Reel to Reel tape
(this was long before 8-track)

Which reminds me..Ive got both a Roberts and an Akai Reel to Reel
collecting dust..if anyone needs em.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell

Jim Levie

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:53:55 -0500, Wayne Cook wrote:

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 08:06:00 -0400, "wallster"
wrote:

wayne, you're too much!! (that's meant as a COMPLIMENT!) dont you ever
stand there scratching your head going "damn it... i know i saw that damn
thing somewhere... but where?" i'm an ameteur "pile collector" compared to
you and i can never remember where the hell i put **** i need at the time!

Thanks. I do that at least half dozen times a day. :-)

The absolute worst is when I move something because it's in the way
and I think it's time to put it up proper. I can almost never find
those items. :-)

Ah yes, putting something in a "safe place" simply means that you won't be
able to find it again for at least 10 years (if ever).

--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat.

Gary Coffman

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 23:35:55 -0500, "Greg O" wrote:
Heck, I ran my shop for 5 years! In the summer I would work 80-90 hours a
week, (no kidding, just ask my wife!), and still be behind on work with a
full time mechanic, a runner, and my wife. In the winter, I would often come
down, open the shop, and pray for the phone to ring! I could not for the
life of me find something to fill in the winter months. We made out like
bandits all summer, and gave all the money back in the winter!
Greg

My father built farm wagons and boats in winter to keep the shop busy.
But the big money was at the card tables around the big old coal furnace.
The local farmers would gather there, and my father would sell them
pop and crackers while I won their money.

Gary
Gary Coffman

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:12:32 -0700, Jim Stewart wrote:
Old Nick wrote:

I have actually returned an item of electronic eqipt, and specifically
said that it was stuffed. Do NOT put it back on the shelf. I came back
1/2 hour later and there it was.....

I bought a harddrive at Fry's. It was sealed
up in a nice anti-static bag. I installed it
in my computer and it booted Windows...

Obviously defective.

Gary
Bart D. Hull

Some things really need to be left in the trash.

My parents owned a motorcycle shop and we had someone come in
with a blown out front tire on their motorcycle. They were
screaming about suing the shop until I looked at the bike and
saw this loser had taken the rock hard crap tire I had thrown
into the dumpster last week from my RD350LC and mounted it
wrong direction on his front rim.

He was asked to leave or be arrested. Then we had to resort to
cutting 1 or 2" of bead from each tire thrown out. (You guessed
it, tire recyclers would not pick up motorcycle tires for any
price, so they could only be thrown out.)

So, I can see someone damaging a product beyond use so the
business does not get sued for a product it never sold in the
first place.

Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
for my Subaru Engine Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
for Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.

Don Bruder wrote:

In article ,
" wrote:

wallster wrote:

I'm here to admit my addiction. If i'm driving along and i see a discarded
lawnmower or mechanical something, i have to stop and will most likely take
it. I just cant seem to pass up something that can be made to work again in
one way or another. Most of my tool carts have old wheels on them that i
found thrown away. I have also sold a couple of dozen lawnmowers over the
years that needed a little tlc to get them running. How many other people in
this newsgroup stop and pick up discarded stuff?

walt
http://www.nykeglawsucks.com
To alcohol! The cause of - and solution to - all of life's problems.
-Homer Simpson

we all probably do.. the best laugh i had was when i stopped by the rear
of a Sears Store and you could see the wheels of a new lawnmower
sticking up from the trash.. had to stop and checked it out... well the
wheels were plastic and broken (all four of them)..no problem... then i
looked at the gas tank, split open plastic.. the i looked at the control
cables, all pulled apart and the wires cut in several places... the
plstic top cover of the new mower was also pulled off the broke, the
heat of the engine had the fins on it broken off.... it either fell of
the top shelf in storeage or the manager got mad and went to it with a
maul.... a real no nothing.... but they threw it away... i could find
nothing good on that mower and just passed on that one, but it looked
brand new, still had the stickers from the store on it.....

That's another classic "dog in the manger" outfit.

"Boss, there's a chip on the floor model. How can we sell that?"

"Easy, we don't. Write it off, then take a hammer to it and toss it in
the dumpster."

The mower you found was deliberately mangled, specifically to stop
dumpster divers from pulling it out and fixing whatever minor problem it
might have had. The logic is *SOMETHING* like "If they can pull it out
of the dumpster, why would they spend any money in here?", which, to be
honest, does make a certain amount of sense, but only if you're such a
greedy prick that you'd try to put a price sticker on the dust-bunnies
at a going out of business sale.

Jim Levie

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 01:49:47 +0000, pyotr filipivich wrote:

I was rebuilding the carb, sitting on at the table in the side yard.
Friend comes home, takes one look and gives me the "Wow, I'd never be able
to do that.." and I look at her and say "What? it's not complicated, I've
got the exploded drawing, the original assembly, and I put newspaper down
to keep track of the parts. Its a fine day and Jeff's got beer." Life is
good.

Now, try repairing a VW bus's engine in a carport in Egypt, that's a
hassle.

I suspect that's pretty similar to rebuilding a Beetle's engine on the
front porch of a rental house in Deridder LA. And yes I removed and
replaced the engine with the car in front of the house. And it wasn't a
paved road...

--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat.

Jeridiah

I think alot of stores damage throwaway items on purpose to keep the
scumbags from getting it and trying to return for cash....I got a buddy that
works at a local Home Depot and thats what they do.....really ****es me off
some of the stuff I hear about.

No, it's part of the screwed up tax code. If they discard it they can
write it off as damaged goods. If they give it away, or don't insure
that it get's disposed of they have to maintain it as inventory and it
get's written off differently in a less tax advantageous manner.

My wife used to work at one of the retail chains and they frequently
had items they had to dumpster because of a scratch of some other
insignificant cosmetic flaw. She said a lot of it she would have
gladly taken home, but they wouldn't let her. They even went to the
measure of throwing things into the compacter to make sure that
employees(and others) did not go dumpster diving.

I am sure the "returns" issue is also part of the problem.
NoOne N Particular

I don't buy anything t Fry's that has their restock tag on it. I once
bought a new cd-rom/sound card combo ( several years ago). It had
everything in the box, but it was old stuff. Someone bought a new one, put
their old stuff back in the new box and returned it.

I have bought one other "tagged" box and it was missing parts.

Wayne

Old Nick wrote:

I have actually returned an item of electronic eqipt, and specifically
said that it was stuffed. Do NOT put it back on the shelf. I came back
1/2 hour later and there it was.....

I bought a harddrive at Fry's. It was sealed
up in a nice anti-static bag. I installed it
in my computer and it booted Windows...

Sunworshipper

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 01:25:27 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

It being a dull day, I decide to respond to what "wallster"
foisted Sat, 10 Jul 2004 08:06:00 -0400 on
rec.crafts.metalworking , viz:

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook

wayne, you're too much!! (that's meant as a COMPLIMENT!) dont you ever
stand there scratching your head going "damn it... i know i saw that damn
thing somewhere... but where?" i'm an ameteur "pile collector" compared to
you and i can never remember where the hell i put **** i need at the time!

I stand there scratching my head, saying "I know I saw one, now where
was I looking when I did?"

Anybody got any ideas for 12" x 12" blackboards?

tschus
pyotr

Yeah, put them in the kitchen or on the frig. for reminders for the
other occupants of the house.

My whole life is like this part of the thread. Going to work is like
going camping if you don't put it in the truck its not going to be on
the job. I've been looking for my staple gun for 2 weeks now for a
little job at home.

My problem is being multi-functional and while going through stuff
looking for that thing your after you don't see that other thing. Then
the next day your like I just saw that somewhere... ) I must get
so focused on what color it is and what it looks like that I miss all
the other objects that would be nice to memorize.

I almost got 5 computers today , but the guy that I've known for over
a decade wouldn't let me have the towers cause he was told to smash
them. I just wanted one better than my old one and put music on for
the shop. Oh well, now I have 5 monitors to choose from and I really
needed one last week. The way people throw away computers they should
set up a business to erased the hard drives and give them to kids.
jim rozen

In article , Sunworshipper says...

Anybody got any ideas for 12" x 12" blackboards?

Yeah, put them in the kitchen or on the frig. for reminders for the
other occupants of the house.

I like the white-boards myself, no chalk dust. We have one
right by the kitchen table, and the shopping list gets assembled
on it, bit by bit. Then 'hard copied' for the trip to the
store.

I also have put them on neavrly every free surface at work. Doors,
walls, hallways. Some folks think out loud, most of us there
think in pictures.

Jim

please reply to:

Joel Corwith

"Bart D. Hull" wrote in message
So, I can see someone damaging a product beyond use so the
business does not get sued for a product it never sold in the
first place.

Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Had my son's horn at the music store down in Mesa. The repair guy said the
owner came down the street one day and saw a whole bunch of drum cases for
sale outside the pawn shop. It was the same cases they had thrown out, up
to and including still having store stickers on them. Now they do serious
demo to anything going into the dumpster.

Joel. phx

Old Nick

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 11:58:20 -0400, "wallster"
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Actually my trap is auctions...the piles of stuff at the tail end,
where you get a 2 tonne (weight!) press frame (bent cross beam!) for
$10 etc etc.

Then I suddenly realise that I have about 5 tonnes of variously shaped
bits of steel to deal with. I have to get my 8mpg truck and drive all
the way down there, and the petrol costs a bloody fortune....however..

I'm here to admit my addiction. If i'm driving along and i see a discarded
lawnmower or mechanical something, i have to stop and will most likely take
it. I just cant seem to pass up something that can be made to work again in
one way or another. Most of my tool carts have old wheels on them that i
found thrown away. I have also sold a couple of dozen lawnmowers over the
years that needed a little tlc to get them running. How many other people in
this newsgroup stop and pick up discarded stuff?

walt
http://www.nykeglawsucks.com
To alcohol! The cause of - and solution to - all of life's problems.
-Homer Simpson

DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Jim Levie wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:53:55 -0500, Wayne Cook wrote:

[ ... ]

The absolute worst is when I move something because it's in the way
and I think it's time to put it up proper. I can almost never find
those items. :-)

Ah yes, putting something in a "safe place" simply means that you won't be
able to find it again for at least 10 years (if ever).

Well -- that *is* "safe" -- even from you. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
pyotr filipivich

It being a dull day, I decide to respond to what jim rozen
foisted 12 Jul 2004 14:16:03 -0700 on
rec.crafts.metalworking , viz:
In article , Sunworshipper says...

Anybody got any ideas for 12" x 12" blackboards?

Yeah, put them in the kitchen or on the frig. for reminders for the
other occupants of the house.

They got a Big Whiteboard, I got a smaller one. Nice to have worked
for a company which made them. Made them of enameled steel glued on
particle board backing. Heavy, but they last.

I like the white-boards myself, no chalk dust. We have one
right by the kitchen table, and the shopping list gets assembled
on it, bit by bit. Then 'hard copied' for the trip to the
store.

I've seen panels that go on the front of refrigerators.

I've a 4x3 foot combo board (white board with section for pinning up
papers) at my friend's place, right by the door. Magnets, kids scribbles,
"To the moon - by bus!" and the "Honey Do" list.

I also have put them on neavrly every free surface at work. Doors,
walls, hallways. Some folks think out loud, most of us there
think in pictures.

Know what you mean.

--
pyotr filipivich.
pyotr filipivich

It being a dull day, I decide to respond to what Gunner
foisted Mon, 12 Jul 2004 05:35:26 GMT on
wrote:

Reel to Reel tape
(this was long before 8-track)

Which reminds me..Ive got both a Roberts and an Akai Reel to Reel
collecting dust..if anyone needs em.

Hmmm, now seeing as how your in Bakerfield (or near enough), and I'm in
Seattle (or near enough), this poses a problem. But I'll think about it
and see what happens. I've waited this long, I can wait some more...

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell

--
pyotr filipivich.
Gunner

wrote:

Reel to Reel tape
(this was long before 8-track)

Which reminds me..Ive got both a Roberts and an Akai Reel to Reel
collecting dust..if anyone needs em.

Hmmm, now seeing as how your in Bakerfield (or near enough), and I'm in
Seattle (or near enough), this poses a problem. But I'll think about it
and see what happens. I've waited this long, I can wait some more...

Really want them? Ive had em for years. I can hold them longer for
you. Both worked fine last time I powered them up.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell

Joel Corwith

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
I've seen panels that go on the front of refrigerators.

I was in Fry's Electronics walking past appliances when I realized the sound
for a movie was coming out of the refrigerator section. They had an LCD on
the front of the door!

Joel. phx

--
pyotr filipivich.
as an

pyotr filipivich

It being a dull day, I decide to respond to what "Joel Corwith"
foisted Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:46:47 -0700 on
rec.crafts.metalworking , viz:

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
.. .
I've seen panels that go on the front of refrigerators.

I was in Fry's Electronics walking past appliances when I realized the sound
for a movie was coming out of the refrigerator section. They had an LCD on
the front of the door!

Gack. Unless it transmits a picture of the insides (thus letting your
stare at the food while you decide what you want, but not let all the cool
out.)

OTOH, considering what is in most fridges ... "be afraid, be very
afraid." Bwhaahahaha.

--
pyotr filipivich.
Brian Lawson

Default FridgeTV was can't pass up usefull trash

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:28:08 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

I was in Fry's Electronics walking past appliances when I realized the sound
for a movie was coming out of the refrigerator section. They had an LCD on
the front of the door!

I recall as a kid in High School, in the mid fifties, we had a
traveling show demonstration from two Bell Labs guys. They showed us
some transistors, and explained their composition and theory. They
also had a nice 12" round tube black&white TV for display too, and
I distinctly recall that one of the guys said:

"Some day in the future, there won't be any vacuum tubes in a
television, and all the electronic circuits required to run one this
size will be many many tiny transistors, and they will all fit on the
head of a large pin, except for the picture tube. But it will take a
cooling system the size of a refridgerator to keep it cool!!"

Guess he was wrong, eh?? They got the "picture tube" on it too!

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Bruce L. Bergman

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:46:47 -0700, "Joel Corwith"
wrote:
"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
.. .

I've seen panels that go on the front of refrigerators.

I was in Fry's Electronics walking past appliances when I realized the sound
for a movie was coming out of the refrigerator section. They had an LCD on
the front of the door!

LG Electronics - a full-size refrigerator with a built in TV/Monitor/
PC terminal from the factory. Cordless keyboard/mouse IIRC for
entering your shopping list from your favorite online grocer.

Talk about your 'answer to the question that nobody asked'... I don't
want to have the built-in computer die and have to lug the whole
refrigerator to the PC shop, or vice versa with the refrigeration
system. And what happens when you find out your refrigerator can't
run the next generation of Windblows?

You carry the Laptop or Palmtop to the refrigerator to make up your
shopping list. Or you grab a pencil and a piece of paper and do it
the hard way.

(Of course, if they mount the processor next to the freezer
compartment, you could do some /serious/ over-clocking...) :-0

The sad thing is, there's always someone who has to have the newest
and fanciest gadget on the block, and they will sell some.

-- Bruce --
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545
Martin H. Eastburn

I don't know if you have ever been in Asia - I have - Japan and Korea...
The homes are small (if they have one ) apartment... The TV saves table space.
Likely the only way some could get one - buy it with something else on time.

Martin

wrote:

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Joel Corwith

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
om...
I don't know if you have ever been in Asia - I have - Japan and Korea...
The homes are small (if they have one ) apartment... The TV saves table

space.
Likely the only way some could get one - buy it with something else on

time.

Yeah, but I wasn't in the Fry's Electronics in --KOREA--

Actually, most of those folk don't spend money on all the crap (mills,
lathes, welder) like we do so having a TV in the fridge isn't an outrageou$$
proposition. And I have seen monitors in the kitchen for doorbell cameras,
so having one built into the fridge isn't too far fetched. I can't imagine
sitting in MY kitchen watching DieHard, though.

Joel. phx

Martin

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:46:47 -0700, "Joel Corwith"

Terry Collins

Lane wrote:

But I still have more stuff than I have room for. I hate
this affliction I have. Anyone have any (painless) cures? grin

Yep, start stripping it down to what you might use in the future, likes
nuts bolts, screw, etc. and bin/recycle/dump that parts that are not
usable.

I convert all pipe to straight lengths, etc.

It doesn't really get rid of the useful stuff, but it makes it easier
to store and creates space for more stuff {:-).

If you are really viscious, invoke the 10, 9, 8, 7, ... years
rule.....if I haven't used it in 10 years, it goes out, if I haven't
used it in 9 years, ditto,
Bill Janssen

Terry Collins wrote:

Lane wrote:

But I still have more stuff than I have room for. I hate
this affliction I have. Anyone have any (painless) cures? grin

Yep, start stripping it down to what you might use in the future, likes
nuts bolts, screw, etc. and bin/recycle/dump that parts that are not
usable.

I convert all pipe to straight lengths, etc.

It doesn't really get rid of the useful stuff, but it makes it easier
to store and creates space for more stuff {:-).

If you are really viscious, invoke the 10, 9, 8, 7, ... years
rule.....if I haven't used it in 10 years, it goes out, if I haven't
used it in 9 years, ditto,

The problem with the "10 year rule" is that some of the stuff I keep
starts to get valuable again
after about 10 years

Bill K7NOM

Terry Collins

Bill Janssen wrote:

....snip...

The problem with the "10 year rule" is that some of the stuff I keep
starts to get valuable again
after about 10 years

The problem then is which pieces? Whilst I have made one really good
sale of old stuff, I just treat that as an abberation.

Basically I don't have the space. Of course, if I had half a dozen, big
old sheds, that is a different matter.

What tipped my hand was spending 30 minutes moving stuff in my garage to
get a tool that I used for 5 minutes, then another 30 minutes putting
everything back in its place. the clean out started with a lot of
dressed timber becoming fire kindling. Then a lot of old "I can make
this with that" was stripped to nuts, bolts, screws, springs, motors,
etc. It really hurt to throw out all the bits of metal suitable for
casting, but I could not find anyone interested in it.

I now have a bit of space and a workshop (if I can just stop putting
stuff on the empty bit of workbench {:-).

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}} email: terryc at woa.com.au www:
http://www.woa.com.au

Bob Engelhardt

Terry Collins wrote: ...
Basically I don't have the space. Of course, if I had half a dozen, big
old sheds, that is a different matter. ...

Eh - then the question is how long would it take for those sheds to fill
up and you be saying "Now, if I just had 6 more sheds ...". :-)

Running out of space and having a compulsion for organization has forced
me into restricting my hoarding. I have a couple of rules that help:

- I don't save anything that I can obtain easily and cheaply. E.g., bed
frames - they're useful, but they're always available at the dump.

- the saving of commodity items has a space limit. When it's full I
don't collect anymore. Or I throw out less useful ones to make space
for more useful ones. E.g., I have a milk crate for electrical junction
boxes.

- I don't save mechanisms. I often find cool ones and used to collect
them, but I never used them. E.g., hospital bed elevation mechanisms.
Really cool, "Boy, those will good for something!". Not! When I'm
making things I find that I almost always fabricate everything.

Still, it's a major problem. Just ask my wife. NO, please don't!

Bob

Leo Lichtman

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote: Eh - then the question is how long would it take
for those sheds to fill up and you be saying "Now, if I just had 6 more
sheds ...". :-)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There is a saying that you can't solve money problems with money. I guess
we could add: "You can't solve space problems with space."

Terry Collins

Bob Engelhardt wrote:

....snip...

Still, it's a major problem. Just ask my wife. NO, please don't!

Aah yes. Made some interesting metal animals once (guard rail off cuts,
spring, reo etc) and "The Wife" liked them so much she gave me
permission to collect more "junk". {:-). That lasted about a year!.
pyotr filipivich

It being a dull day, I decide to respond to what "Leo Lichtman"
foisted Thu, 05 Aug 2004 16:32:00 GMT on
rec.crafts.metalworking , viz:

"Bob Engelhardt" wrote: Eh - then the question is how long would it take
for those sheds to fill up and you be saying "Now, if I just had 6 more
sheds ...". :-)
There is a saying that you can't solve money problems with money. I guess
we could add: "You can't solve space problems with space."

Just as "expenses rise to match income" so

"Clutter expands to fill available space."

I stashed all sorts of brass & copper (keys, fixtures, bits & pieces)
intending to "do something" with it some day." Last year I did: converted
it to cash, by selling it to the recyclers.

--
pyotr filipivich.