DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   micro-vu 10" screen (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/17673-micro-vu-10%22-screen.html)

Dan Cullimore June 28th 04 04:44 PM

micro-vu 10" screen

I have what I believe to be an old Micro-Vu 400 optical comparator
(the label is gone). It has a 20x lens, X-Y-Z table, two Federal
gauges, but is lacking the 10" dia. viewing screen/chart. Anyone out
there have one they want to get rid of, or know where I can get one
cheap? I'm not too interested in buying new. Just a 90dg cross hair
is sufficient, though I'd take anything at this point. My goal is to
eventually sell the thing as I have little use for it.

Thanks all.

Dan

Ned Simmons June 28th 04 04:56 PM

micro-vu 10" screen

In article
,
says...
I have what I believe to be an old Micro-Vu 400 optical comparator
(the label is gone). It has a 20x lens, X-Y-Z table, two Federal
gauges, but is lacking the 10" dia. viewing screen/chart. Anyone out
there have one they want to get rid of, or know where I can get one
cheap? I'm not too interested in buying new. Just a 90dg cross hair
is sufficient, though I'd take anything at this point. My goal is to
eventually sell the thing as I have little use for it.

If you have access to a CAD program you can draw and plot
exactly what you want on mylar drafting film. Make sure the
plotter or printer is calibrated before trusting it to be
accurate. I used to make overlays for a 30" comparator to
inspect the profile of airfoil shaped steam turbine blades
this way.

Ned Simmons

Grant Erwin June 28th 04 07:09 PM

micro-vu 10" screen

I sent you an email with a couple of PDFs attached that you can print
out onto transparencies and cut out with scissors. Let me know if they
don't show up. - GWE