DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Trinkit kiln (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/17260-trinkit-kiln.html)

John Wilson June 3rd 04 03:27 AM

Trinkit kiln

I would welcome any comments about the desk top Trinkit enamel kiln as used
for hsm small parts heat treatment.

Thanks, John.

Bob Edwards June 3rd 04 04:55 PM

Trinkit kiln

"John Wilson" wrote in message om...
I would welcome any comments about the desk top Trinkit enamel kiln as used
for hsm small parts heat treatment.

Thanks, John.

It will work. The main disadvantage is that there is no thermostatic
control, so you will have to either judge temperature by eye (color)
or else use Tempil or another temperature-indicating device. If you
want to wrap the item in foil, judging by eye is obviously a problem!
That said, I've used mine for heat treating small tools, punches,
chasing tools, like that. I bought the kiln for doing granulation
work on jewelry, which is mostly what I use it for.

Regards,

Bob