Ludwig P. Pietz

Default 3 Jaw Chuck for Craftsman 6" metal Lathe

Looking for a chuck (self centering) for an Atlas/Craftsman 6" metal
cutting lathe. Have the 4 independant jaw chuck. Being frugal, I'd
prefer a usable used one. Any help will be appreciated.

Lud Pietz
Jeff Wisnia

Ludwig P. Pietz wrote:

Looking for a chuck (self centering) for an Atlas/Craftsman 6" metal
cutting lathe. Have the 4 independant jaw chuck. Being frugal, I'd
prefer a usable used one. Any help will be appreciated.

Lud Pietz

How cheap is cheap?

They show up on eBay all the time. Here's one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

and another:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

and a third one up now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Just make sure you get one with the right thread to fit your lathe. IIRC
they changed the spindle thread somewhere along the way.

There's a Yahoo user group called IIRC "atlas_craftsman ·
Atlas_Craftsman Metal Working Machines". I'm sure the guys there could
help you re the spindle thread size issue.
--

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

to blame it on."

Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 22nd 04 12:58 AM
Newbie Lathe Chuck Question Vinny Metalworking 1 March 21st 04 09:33 PM
Two Jaw Lathe Chuck???? MP Toolman Metalworking 4 January 2nd 04 01:11 PM
ways of Gingery metal lathe Allan Adler Metalworking 15 December 8th 03 01:55 PM
Cuemaking-Metal Lathe Chuck Question? J. Alan Metalworking 6 August 9th 03 03:07 AM