DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Surface grinder project in new HSM... Comments? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/163513-surface-grinder-project-new-hsm-comments.html)

Mark May 28th 06 04:53 PM

Surface grinder project in new HSM... Comments?

Has anyone had a look at this? I'm tempted. While it's obvious that
covers would be needed to protect the slides from grinding debris,
I'm more interested in what others think of the general design
ideas, rigidity etc....

Also, wondering if Aluminum could be used in place of the 1/4 inch
steel for frame plates?

thanks / mark

Gary Owens May 29th 06 01:47 AM

Surface grinder project in new HSM... Comments?

Mark,
I also very interested, I waiting to see the next segment. I
wondering if steel 4xX can be used instead of cutting out from a larger
sheet, but I need to see what comes next. Aluminum should work, 1/2 or even
3/8, dimensions would need to be adjusted, but thats a small issue.
gary