DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where to buy Sandvik Lathe Tools and Inserts (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/157232-where-buy-sandvik-lathe-tools-inserts.html)

[email protected] May 13th 06 12:23 AM

Where to buy Sandvik Lathe Tools and Inserts

Is there a website where one can order Sandvik products? I know about
the one run by DoAll but unless you know the exact part number of what
you are looking for it's useless, and extremely expensive. I heard
that MSC carries Sandvik but it's not on their web site. Is this true?

Thanks

Karl Townsend May 13th 06 12:48 AM

Where to buy Sandvik Lathe Tools and Inserts

Is there a website where one can order Sandvik products? I know about
the one run by DoAll but unless you know the exact part number of what
you are looking for it's useless, and extremely expensive. I heard
that MSC carries Sandvik but it's not on their web site. Is this true?

AFAIK, you can only buy Sandvik through a vendor rep. Go to Sandvik.com,
enter your zip code and they will give you the local rep.

Or, buy off EBay. If you can wait a few weeks until your item comes up, its
normally less than 1/2 price. I keep wondering who is stealing all that
stuff from their day job to sell on eBay.

Karl (loves those R390 inserts) Townsend