Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eddie

Default Union Carbide 305 Tig Welder Repair

Hi, I am new to this, so what I have is an "old" UCC Tig Welder which
was working fine, but now all I can get is the startup Ampage which is
around 20 amps ???? turn up the panel control or pedal and nothing
happens ampage stays exactly the same, I had local Engineer out to have
a check but could see he had never seen an older Machine like this,
more used to the modern types, I do not use it much but to replace
would cost lots, so any help in locating the problem would be greatly
appreciated, all I can think of is what ever controls the power output
must be what is wrog but I do not know what controls it ????, all I
could see is one small Circuit Board which I removed and cleaned up so
I could examine all the connections but they all looked fine, so I it
could be one of the components that has failed but I do not know how to
test these ???? or if this is the power control ??, so again any and
all help wqill be appreciated, Thanks in advance Eddie.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus11506

Is it the same as a Linde welder? Have you opened it up? Anything
smells funny? Are the screws power leads well tightened? A lot of
things can be found out by just snoopping into the equipment with a
multimeter.

Check voltage on the transformer, DC bus inside etc.

Call ESAB, I believe that they have the manual for your welder.

On 11 May 2006 08:23:01 -0700, Eddie wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eddie

Hi Thanks, yes I have got both side Panels off and like you say I have
checked all connections and there are no smells or signs of burnt
connections, the Welding Engineer went through a lot of Voltage checks
with his multi meter and he could not see anything obivious ??? , I
will try and contact ESAB should be able to find their Wewb site ????
if not has anyone got their contact details, again Thanks at least I
have somwhere to try now, and if I can get a Manual that should be a
great help. Eddie.

GMB Union gastec UK diy 348 January 3rd 06 10:47 PM
WTB: Operational Amplifiers (Teledyne, Union Carbide, Valley People) etc. mechanized_robot Electronics Repair 0 November 22nd 05 01:51 PM
Auto repair welders? Gunner Metalworking 1 July 10th 05 01:07 AM
Refrigerator repair story with a happy ending ! wgd Home Repair 16 July 4th 05 08:40 PM
Gouged on repair part by appliance repair company? DH in Denver Home Repair 14 December 15th 03 05:02 AM