Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney

Default OT eBay and Kyozou :-(

"Kyozou" -- as a pronunciation guide, think "screw you"! Take comfort in
the fact you will have achieved a bit of martyrdom after a successful kyozou
transaction.

Bob Swinney
"xray" wrote in message

I just bought something on eBay and spent two days trying to figure out
how to pay him because he uses some system called Kyozou that gets in
the middle of the process between eBay and Paypal.

Arrgh! Kyozou sucks! Anybody else been through this purgatory?

If that's the best name they could think of, no wonder it sucks. How do
you pronounce that jumble of letters? I've been typing it over and over
for the last couple days and I still can't remember how to spell it.

So I just sent the message below to the seller. Feel free to join this
discussion if you know my pain or if you are a seller stupid or lazy
enough to think this K-word is a good idea.

--------
Ok, I solved your problem and managed to pay you. Here is a summary of
the transaction so far...

1) Kyozou sucks for buyers!
(How the heck does one pronounce that stupid name, anyway?)

2) The Kyozou checkout process doesn't even start with my Firefox
browser. I had to switch to MS IE to get it to begin talking to me.

3) The process is a redundant PITA for the buyer. I had to enter all my
name and address info again, that eBay and PayPal already have. When I
do a purchase that just involves Paypal the process is fast and simple.
Kyozou in the middle is annoying.

4) When Kyozou didn't work for me, I sent you an email, to which you
gave me a useless reply, so I've lost two days. Would've been longer if
I hadn't decided to resort to try using MS IE on my own.

5) I'll be very RELUCTANT TO BUY FROM YOU in the future because the
process of paying you, that should be simple, isn't. (See #1 .)

6) I'll try to figure out in advance on all eBay auctions if Kyozou is
involved and put them down at the bottom of the list with the guys that
want money orders.

So -- that's the status so far. Hopefully, the item will eventually come
and be in decent shape. Then we'll all be done.