Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.machines.cnc
Martin

Default FS: Baldor High-Efficiency 30-HP Electric Motor

If you email a response, you must address it to funkychateau at yahoo
dot com. "Reply to" is a spam-blocker. Also, please note that this
motor is located in Dallas, and I will not be able to crate/ship it.
Bring a pickup truck and I will load it in with my shop crane.

Baldor 30-horsepower "Super-E" series electric motor. 3550 RPM, 30 HP,
NEMA nominal efficiency 93%. Configurable for either 230 or 460 volts,
3-phase power. Could be the basis for a very nice single- to
three-phase rotary converter for a large shop. Weighs about 400 lbs (a
guess, I can't lift it). Picture links below:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkyc.../f611scd&.dnm=...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkyc.../f611scd&.dnm=...

Price: $200 or trade - I collect pool cues, guns, and other stuff that
is smaller and more easily moved than this motor!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.machines.cnc
Cliff

On 8 May 2006 12:09:37 -0700, "Martin" wrote:

If you email a response, you must address it to funkychateau at yahoo
dot com. "Reply to" is a spam-blocker. Also, please note that this
motor is located in Dallas, and I will not be able to crate/ship it.
Bring a pickup truck and I will load it in with my shop crane.

Baldor 30-horsepower "Super-E" series electric motor. 3550 RPM, 30 HP,
NEMA nominal efficiency 93%. Configurable for either 230 or 460 volts,
3-phase power. Could be the basis for a very nice single- to
three-phase rotary converter for a large shop. Weighs about 400 lbs (a
guess, I can't lift it). Picture links below:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkyc.../f611scd&.dnm=...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkyc.../f611scd&.dnm=...

Price: $200 or trade - I collect pool cues, guns, and other stuff that
is smaller and more easily moved than this motor!

You may wish to mention the frame and other data from the plate.
--
Cliff
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.machines.cnc
Martin

Ignoramus25821 wrote:
tha link to pictures is invalid.

Sorry about that, looks like it got cut off in pasting. Try these:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkyc...cd.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkyc...cd.jpg&.src=ph

Martin

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.machines.cnc
Martin

Cliff wrote:
On 8 May 2006 12:09:37 -0700, "Martin" wrote:

You may wish to mention the frame and other data from the plate.
--
Cliff

Thanks, I attached a picture of the plate.

Martin

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.machines.cnc
Ignoramus25821

That's a very nice looking motor. If you were in Chicagoland, I would
have some interest in this motor.

On 8 May 2006 14:23:53 -0700, Martin wrote:

Ignoramus25821 wrote:
tha link to pictures is invalid.

Sorry about that, looks like it got cut off in pasting. Try these:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkyc...cd.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkyc...cd.jpg&.src=ph

Martin

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.machines.cnc
Cliff

On Mon, 08 May 2006 22:32:28 GMT, Ignoramus25821
wrote:

That's a very nice looking motor. If you were in Chicagoland, I would
have some interest in this motor.

If he could tie it down on a skid & get the skid picked up shipping
might not be too bad common carrier.
--
Cliff

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.machines.cnc
PrecisionMechanicaL

wrote:

That's a very nice looking motor. If you were in Chicagoland, I would
have some interest in this motor.

If he could tie it down on a skid & get the skid picked up shipping
might not be too bad common carrier.

Probly easier to search Ebay..."xxx mileage from xxx zip code", under the

Fairly productive likely being to search "title and description" using the
terms "Electric motor" *phase ( or similar).

--

SVL

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.machines.cnc
GarlicDude

Martin wrote:
Also, please note that this
motor is located in Dallas, and I will not be able to crate/ship it.
Bring a pickup truck and I will load it in with my shop crane.

Baldor 30-horsepower "Super-E" series electric motor. 3550 RPM, 30 HP,
NEMA nominal efficiency 93%. Configurable for either 230 or 460 volts,
3-phase power.

Price: $200 or trade - I collect pool cues, guns, and other stuff that
is smaller and more easily moved than this motor!

Martin, You mike give craigslist a try:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/

Best,
Steve

--
Regards,
Steve Saling

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.machines.cnc
Leon

wrote:

That's a very nice looking motor. If you were in Chicagoland, I would
have some interest in this motor.

If he could tie it down on a skid & get the skid picked up shipping
might not be too bad common carrier.

Probably way more than the asking price of the motor. I checked what I
could ship 500# from LA to Houston and it was way more than what a regular
shipper gets charged. Regular price was $260.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.machines.cnc
Ignoramus19605

wrote:

That's a very nice looking motor. If you were in Chicagoland, I would
have some interest in this motor.

If he could tie it down on a skid & get the skid picked up shipping
might not be too bad common carrier.

Probably way more than the asking price of the motor. I checked what I
could ship 500# from LA to Houston and it was way more than what a regular
shipper gets charged. Regular price was $260.

Shipping is of such nature that prices vary wildly.

Some of the things that I shipped, with costs:

- 500 lbs hydraulic lift from IL to TX, with pickup from my
house, $250
- 500 lbs three DC power supplies on pallet, IL to east coast,
$167 with delivery to local dock
- 200 lbs one DC power supply, $87

I am not a shipping wizard, I simply use Freightquote. They are very
good.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.machines.cnc
Martin

GarlicDude wrote:

Martin, You mike give craigslist a try:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/

Best,
Steve

Done, thanks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.machines.cnc
Robert Swinney

In the pix it looks like a small cord is tied around the lifting eye. Is
that for starting it on single-phase current??

Bob Swinney
"Martin" wrote in message
ups.com...

Ignoramus25821 wrote:
tha link to pictures is invalid.

Sorry about that, looks like it got cut off in pasting. Try these:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkyc...cd.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/funkyc...cd.jpg&.src=ph

Martin

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.machines.cnc
Anthony

"Robert Swinney" wrote in
:

In the pix it looks like a small cord is tied around the lifting eye.
Is that for starting it on single-phase current??

Hehe

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.machines.cnc
Edwin Pawlowski

"Leon" wrote in message

Probably way more than the asking price of the motor. I checked what I
could ship 500# from LA to Houston and it was way more than what a regular
shipper gets charged. Regular price was $260.

True, but the asking price of the motor is about 1/10th the value of it. If
I had need for it, I'd gladly pay shipping considering the landed price.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.machines.cnc
Cliff

On Tue, 09 May 2006 13:50:08 GMT, "Leon" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

That's a very nice looking motor. If you were in Chicagoland, I would
have some interest in this motor.

If he could tie it down on a skid & get the skid picked up shipping
might not be too bad common carrier.

Probably way more than the asking price of the motor.

Consider the value.

I checked what I
could ship 500# from LA to Houston and it was way more than what a regular
shipper gets charged.

?? Via common carrier?

Regular price was $260.

For what class of material?
New motors vs scrap Iron on a slow skid might be different tariffs.
Nor would it seem to be time-critical.
--
Cliff