Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
What's Next

Default Steel Decking Question

Does anyone know of a computer program, formula or table that gives
the allowable weight bearing capacity of steel decking between two
supports? I'm looking for something that will tell me, for example,
what thickness plate is required to carry a 3000 lb point load (ie.
vehicle wheel) while supported between two supports 12" apart. Any
help much appreciated.

Thanks -
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

What's Next:

Instead of floor plate, why not consider commercial grating made of
flat bars on edge?

FLOWFORCE GRATING of 1" X 3/16" flat bars will suppoprt a concentrated
load of 1029 lbs per square foot with a 2 foot span. 1-1/4" x 3/16"
will carry 1608 lbs.

Bar spacing is typically 1-3/16" on centre.

This stuff is remarkably light: 7.23 lbs/ft2 and 8.87 lbs/ft2
respectively.

I don't know anything about supply or manufacturer; I only have the
catalogue sheet.

Wolfgang

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bugs

The manufacturer's data sheet should show all of the load
specifications you need. When in doubt, consult a registered structural
engineer. That's what they do.
Bugs

mild steel question DOC Metalworking 3 November 16th 05 05:43 AM
steel swing gate question RHGrafix Metalworking 9 November 3rd 05 05:18 PM
OT - Global Warming Revisited Cliff Metalworking 456 October 19th 05 07:04 PM
White and Blue: Japanese Steel Jim Wilson Woodworking 19 June 8th 04 04:45 PM
55 Gal. steel drum question Roger Hull Metalworking 27 May 31st 04 05:22 PM