DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I'm In Love (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/153281-im-love.html)

flip. flip 007 April 14th 06 07:38 AM

I'm In Love

With metal

At present I'm holding an "Olde Colony" steak knife stamped JAPAN then
upside down STAINLESS STEEL. Hollow ground, semi dropped point, about 5"
blade lenght. Teak handle with brass rivets. The blade halfway through
the handle.

What's best about it is the edge it takes and holds.
Just a steak knife.

Aw crap I give up, this was supposed to be an ode to metals.
To the carbon in my old timer, the m2 spades i made, the copper so rough
to drill, the cast, a messy mill.
The mag on fire, the alum a flyin'.
Strings of steel, the lathe a cryin'.

And cryin'. Up feed! I yell, to no avail. Drill slower.

Hold it, feel it , ask it, What do you want to be today?

I'm in love. With metal.

--
toosmarttoask

mlcorson April 14th 06 02:38 PM

I'm In Love

Come on folks...give it up for toosmarttoask!
(Sound of clapping)

Made my day...Thanks
-Mike