DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to change diameter of rolled sheet (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/152640-how-change-diameter-rolled-sheet.html)

[email protected] April 9th 06 06:18 AM

How to change diameter of rolled sheet

I have to bend roll a sheet into cylinder using rollers placed in shape
of pyramids. The diameter coming out is quite large so i want to
decrease its diameter. How can i do it? I have to change the roller's
or readust them or is there any ratio between the roller size and
qutcoming diametet.

Karl Townsend April 9th 06 12:19 PM

How to change diameter of rolled sheet

I have to bend roll a sheet into cylinder using rollers placed in shape
of pyramids. The diameter coming out is quite large so i want to
decrease its diameter. How can i do it? I have to change the roller's
or readust them or is there any ratio between the roller size and
qutcoming diametet.

On the roll bender I have the top, or middle, roller is on a threaded rod on
each side. You tighten it down to roll a smaller diameter sheet. You get to
the right rolled sheet diameter by trial and error.

Karl

Gary Wooding April 9th 06 01:02 PM

wrote:
I have to bend roll a sheet into cylinder using rollers placed in shape
of pyramids. The diameter coming out is quite large so i want to
decrease its diameter. How can i do it? I have to change the roller's
or readust them or is there any ratio between the roller size and
qutcoming diametet.

The roller that deflects the sheet between the other two rollers (the
top one in pyramid rolls) can be moved in and out by the adjustment
screws at each end. After each pass of the sheet you tighten them up a
little until you get the diameter you want. If you don't tighten them
equally you create a tapered cone instead of a cylinder.

--
Regards, Gary Wooding

Randy Replogle April 9th 06 01:03 PM

How to change diameter of rolled sheet

On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 11:19:13 GMT, "Karl Townsend"
remove .NOT wrote:

I have to bend roll a sheet into cylinder using rollers placed in shape
of pyramids. The diameter coming out is quite large so i want to
decrease its diameter. How can i do it? I have to change the roller's
or readust them or is there any ratio between the roller size and
qutcoming diametet.

On the roll bender I have the top, or middle, roller is on a threaded rod on
each side. You tighten it down to roll a smaller diameter sheet. You get to
the right rolled sheet diameter by trial and error.

Karl

On large units the "front" rolls adjust for the metal thickness. The
"back" roll adjusts for the radius of the bend. I'ts a good idea to
have a radius template bcause it's trial and error, at least it was
way back when I used one. The edges at the seam will be flat for the
distance it takes to engage the back roll. You have to preform the
edges somehow. We used a break press or ran the material through the
rolls from the backside for a few inches, again use your template.
-- Randy Replogle

My wife says I'm doing my Christian duty...
annoying the hell out of her.
Randall Replogle 2006