Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill

Default Big Order

Some of these are for stock and some are spare heads... But this is what
has been keeping us busy...

All the non-adjustable heads shown were custom engineered for the customer's
pattern. Some have 1:1.X or higher ratios. Some have special non-ER style
collet spindles. Just about all of them were sold with our pneumatically
stroked drills.

Let's just say the UPS guy doesn't like me right now.

http://gang-drill.blogspot.com/

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
Some of these are for stock and some are spare heads... But this is what
has been keeping us busy...

All the non-adjustable heads shown were custom engineered for the
customer's pattern. Some have 1:1.X or higher ratios. Some have special
non-ER style collet spindles. Just about all of them were sold with our
pneumatically stroked drills.

Let's say the UPS guy doesn't like me right now.

http://gang-drill.blogspot.com/

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244

V8013-R

I know your head has been in marketing as of late so, tell how this customer
found you.

P.S. I get a better discount from FedEx

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill

I know your head has been in marketing as of late so, tell how this
customer found you.

Actually this customer is a repeat customer. Purchased a large number of
heads about 1.5 years ago and apparently likes them. Came back to us and
asked us for this large order to mount to Hypneumat machines... And then
realized we made similar machines for less so... They ordered the whole
system from us - less pneumatic and electrical controls.

With the heads, drills and motors, it is close to our largest single order
ever... But we didn't have enough floor space to take a photo of
everything. The drills and motors take up 3X the space of the heads.

P.S. I get a better discount from FedEx

FedEx standard or freight? ...Or both? Just negotiated a great rate with
FedEx Freight.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

FedEx standard or freight? ...Or both? Just negotiated a great rate with
FedEx Freight.

Both, a little moot now that our biggest customer has agreed to pick-up the
freight (thank God) and now we ship to them full truck loads. All incoming
freight, we have specified FedEx Freight and they have been wonderful. I
credit our salesman from FEF for untangling any little problems. I'm glad
to see you are doing well and wish you the best!

Tommy

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill

Both, a little moot now that our biggest customer has agreed to pick-up
the freight (thank God) and now we ship to them full truck loads. All
incoming freight, we have specified FedEx Freight and they have been
wonderful. I credit our salesman from FEF for untangling any little
problems.

UPS seems to "rule" the East Coast whereas FedEx seems to "rule" the west
coast... So I was very surprised to see the service and prices of FedEx
Freight here in NJ. We switched from a local shipping outlet that got us a
good discount on a nationwide shipper to FEF because the service was that
much better. The fact that the price is 10% lower too also helped.

Again, VERY surprised because standard FedEx around here is really, REALLY
bad.

I'm glad to see you are doing well and wish you the best!

Thank you. You too! The only regrets we all have about being this busy
revolve around how we spend our free time now.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:43:53 GMT, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

UPS seems to "rule" the East Coast whereas FedEx seems to "rule" the west
coast... So I was very surprised to see the service and prices of FedEx
Freight here in NJ. We switched from a local shipping outlet that got us a
good discount on a nationwide shipper to FEF because the service was that
much better. The fact that the price is 10% lower too also helped.

Again, VERY surprised because standard FedEx around here is really, REALLY
bad.

I can't keep it straight - FedEx bought Roadway to turn...? No,
they bought Viking Freight and American Freightways to turn into FedEx
Freight. Roadway Package System became FedEx Ground.

You need a program to keep up with all this...

-- Bruce --