DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I need a 1.5mm M2.5 grub screw supplier (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/152407-i-need-1-5mm-m2-5-grub-screw-supplier.html)

[email protected] April 7th 06 11:12 AM

I need a 1.5mm M2.5 grub screw supplier

I am wondering if any of you good people know where I can find a
supplier of a slightly unusually sized grub screw.

I need 1.5mm long M2.5 hex socket type.

Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks,

Carl.

Nick Müller April 7th 06 12:23 PM

wrote:

I need 1.5mm long M2.5 hex socket type.

I doubt that you will get that.
Rule of thumb: minimum thread length is equal to diameter of screw.

Looking in the standard (DIN 913 or ISO 4026), the minimum length of
_any_ grub screw is 2mm. The lengthes for M2.5 are 4..10mm.

HTH,
Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de

[email protected] April 7th 06 05:25 PM

I need a 1.5mm M2.5 grub screw supplier

Tacoma screw products
http://www.tacomascrew.com/default.htm

In my home town. Hooray!

Tom

Gerald Miller April 8th 06 02:43 AM

On 7 Apr 2006 03:12:09 -0700, wrote:

I am wondering if any of you good people know where I can find a
supplier of a slightly unusually sized grub screw.

I need 1.5mm long M2.5 hex socket type.

Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks,

Carl.

The only one I have on hand (more like fingertip) is cone point and
4mm. long.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada