DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   1988 Husky, PC-36 lathe (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/152229-1988-husky-pc-36-lathe.html)

David L. Foreman April 5th 06 11:40 PM

1988 Husky, PC-36 lathe

A company where a friends son works, just got a 1988 Husky, PC-36 lathe.
Has a quick-change. Made in Taiwan.

Has anyone heard of the Husky, and might have some literature on it.
Thanks
Dave Foreman

Gunner April 6th 06 09:58 AM

1988 Husky, PC-36 lathe

On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 15:40:37 -0700, David L. Foreman
wrote:

A company where a friends son works, just got a 1988 Husky, PC-36 lathe.
Has a quick-change. Made in Taiwan.

Has anyone heard of the Husky, and might have some literature on it.
Thanks
Dave Foreman

No literature..but one of my customers has a 10-12 inch Husky. Not a
bad machine. Rather reminds me of early Jet products. A bit clunky and
square cornered..but solid enough. Not great heat treating though..but
not bad.

Any connection?

http://www.starequipment.net/mfg_husky.html

Gunner

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if
nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace
personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed,
the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of
defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see
police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line
of defense." --Walter Williams

David L. Foreman April 6th 06 09:36 PM

1988 Husky, PC-36 lathe

wrote:

A company where a friends son works, just got a 1988 Husky, PC-36 lathe.
Has a quick-change. Made in Taiwan.

Has anyone heard of the Husky, and might have some literature on it.
Thanks
Dave Foreman

No literature..but one of my customers has a 10-12 inch Husky. Not a
bad machine. Rather reminds me of early Jet products. A bit clunky and
square cornered..but solid enough. Not great heat treating though..but
not bad.

Any connection?

http://www.starequipment.net/mfg_husky.html

Gunner

Thanks for the reply Gunner.
We have seen that CNC Husky and don't think it is related though.
Dave Foreman