Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Cliff

Default The Cost of Skilled Labour in Dubai

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 17:33:03 -0600, "gfulton" wrote:

That's a reasonable opinion, John. But, from my experience, the most rabid
Southern Baptist or Pentecostal wouldn't raise a pimple on a radical
Islamist's ass. They pale to insignificance beside that level of absolute
madness. It's a sight to behold, I'll tell you.

Fundies of any stripe .. it's all similar superstitions for the gullible
& weak-minded.
They are much like wingers & gunnutz.
The real issue is social control of nutcases.
--
Cliff
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
J. Francis

Cliff wrote:

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 17:33:03 -0600, "gfulton" wrote:

That's a reasonable opinion, John. But, from my experience, the most
rabid Southern Baptist or Pentecostal wouldn't raise a pimple on a
radical Islamist's ass. They pale to insignificance beside that level of
absolute madness. It's a sight to behold, I'll tell you.

Fundies of any stripe .. it's all similar superstitions for the gullible
& weak-minded.
They are much like wingers & gunnutz. The real issue is social control
of nutcases.

And therein lies the essence of the left wingnut psyche that paints them
as fanatics of the most deluded persuasion. They believe all life's
problems can be solved with "social controls".

This is the very reason so many actors, musicians, and other "social
elites" are left wingnuts. They, like you, quite *literally* live in a
fantasy that seldom if ever allows them to see things for what they truly
are. In fact the only difference between a rabidly left political hack
like Jabba the Moore and you is he actually makes some coin at it, and
you're embarrassing yourself in public for nothing.

The right can be equally deceptive and twice as anal retentive, but at
least their fanaticism has some level of grounding in reality and common
sense. It's almost unheard of for a conservative to argue a point that
doesn't have at least a fact or two floating around to back it up, which
of course whips fact free left wingnuts into an even bigger froth when
they try to defend themselves and their indefensible positions. There's
nothing in this world that lays waste to a pillar of idealism, than a
wrecking ball of fact.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Cliff

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:00:02 GMT, "J. Francis" wrote:

The right can be equally deceptive and twice as anal retentive

Found those "WMDs" yet?
--
Cliff
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Cliff

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:00:02 GMT, "J. Francis" wrote:

The right can be equally deceptive and twice as anal retentive, but at
least their fanaticism has some level of grounding in reality and common
sense.

Found those "WMDs" yet?

It's almost unheard of for a conservative to argue a point that
doesn't have at least a fact or two floating around to back it up

Found those "WMDs" yet?

How about "god"?
--
Cliff
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Cliff

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:00:02 GMT, "J. Francis" wrote:

There's
nothing in this world that lays waste to a pillar of idealism, than a
wrecking ball of fact.

Found those "WMDs" yet?
Still stooped over?
--
Cliff

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Cliff

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:00:02 GMT, "J. Francis" wrote:

In fact the only difference between a rabidly left political hack
like Jabba the Moore

The guy with the pointed questions about endless neocon lies?
--
Cliff
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Louis Ohland

Please read "America's Secret War - Inside the Hidden Worldwide Struggle
Between America and It's Enemies" by George Friedman [founder of
STRATFOR].

Another book is "Disinformation" which takes on 20 myths.

From your parroting, perhaps a nice book called "North Korea" by Bruce
Cumings would be more to your liking. Or perhaps Noam Choamsky? How
about the super researcher Michael Moore?

Read "Do as I Say, Not As I Do".

Please consider what a policeman does when confronted with a individual
with a realistic looking weapon. If the perp makes a threatening move
and the policeman has cause to believe he's in imminent danger, he can
stop the threat. Saddam makes like he has WMD. He used them before. Why
not again?

In nautical terms, "Hoisted by your own petard".

Cliff wrote:
On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:00:02 GMT, "J. Francis" wrote:

There's
nothing in this world that lays waste to a pillar of idealism, than a
wrecking ball of fact.

Found those "WMDs" yet?
Still stooped over?

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism

In misc.survivalism J. Francis wrote:

The right can be equally deceptive and twice as anal retentive, but at
least their fanaticism has some level of grounding in reality and common
sense.

Is that why they handle serpents and speak in tongues? Common sense you
say?

Tell Pat Robertson that he has common sense. And then while you are at
it, tell George Bush.

--
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
--Edward R. Murrow
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism

In misc.survivalism Louis Ohland wrote:

In nautical terms, "Hoisted by your own petard".

They use petards on boats? Since when?

Maybe you should get your other "facts" straight before you post again...

--
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
--Edward R. Murrow
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism

In misc.survivalism J. Clarke wrote:
wrote:

In misc.survivalism J. Francis wrote:

The right can be equally deceptive and twice as anal retentive, but at
least their fanaticism has some level of grounding in reality and common
sense.

Is that why they handle serpents and speak in tongues? Common sense you
say?

I'm sorry, but I don't see where that has anything to do with common sense
or lack of same, nor what it has to do with the "right".

I'm sorry. I suppose my comment could have been stronger had I referred
to the purported "grounding in reality" of those who handle serpents.

I'll stand corrected by you: All those who demonstrate their belief in
supernatural intervention by risking death have common sense. Moreover,
they have a strong grounding in reality. Hey - its only "common sense"
that those with certain types of beliefs in certain supernatural forces
will not get bitten, eh? That's how the "real world" works! Thanks for
your correction.

Tell Pat Robertson that he has common sense.

He does. Don't confuse a con artist with a fool.

I'll take your word for it.

And then while you are at
it, tell George Bush.

Poor ol' George. I agree that he's not really up to the task with which he
has been confronted but nobody else who wants the job looks to be any
better.

One main reason he is not up for the job is his lack of common sense. Can
you admit that much?

--
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
--Edward R. Murrow
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Louis Ohland

I put the term that I'm familiar with up first. Here's one to chew
on. Enjoy! http://www.editorscanberra.org/July02.htm#naut YMMV

Hoisted by one's own petard

The 'petard' was a small cask of black powder used to prime cannon
fuses. During a battle a petard was stored alongside each gun.
Occasionally, a careless crewman would set one off while lighting a
fuse, thereby 'hoisting' himself in the air. The expression was used by
English sailors describing the inept French gunners.

Louis Ohland wrote:
Please read "America's Secret War - Inside the Hidden Worldwide Struggle
Between America and It's Enemies" by George Friedman [founder of
STRATFOR].

Another book is "Disinformation" which takes on 20 myths.

From your parroting, perhaps a nice book called "North Korea" by Bruce

Cliff wrote:
On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:00:02 GMT, "J. Francis" wrote:

There's
nothing in this world that lays waste to a pillar of idealism, than a
wrecking ball of fact.

Found those "WMDs" yet?
Still stooped over?

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
J. Francis

Cliff wrote:

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:00:02 GMT, "J. Francis" wrote:

In fact the only difference between a rabidly left political hack like
Jabba the Moore

The guy with the pointed questions about endless neocon lies?

Im sorry? We're you trying to make yourself look like a fruitcake's inbred
cousin by defending an attention whore like Moore that even most left
wingnuts won't go near, or are you just following me around personally
trying to dry hump my leg?

*snicker*

My accurate assessment of left wingnuttery must have truly struck a
nerve, Cliff, for you to spaz out and reply to it 4 times... three
with the same screeching, and two to the exact same passage.

Thank you. It's always nice to be reminded you've done an excellent job.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Guido

J. Francis wrote:

which
of course whips fact free left wingnuts into an even bigger froth when
they try to defend themselves and their indefensible positions. There's
nothing in this world that lays waste to a pillar of idealism, than a
wrecking ball of fact.

Tell us exactly why it is that you are frothing?

I count 17 lines of your froth to 2 lines of Cliff's froth. You're one
amazing cappuccino in response to Cliff's latte that's for sure.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Gunner

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 20:45:03 GMT, "J. Francis"
wrote:

Cliff wrote:

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:00:02 GMT, "J. Francis" wrote:

In fact the only difference between a rabidly left political hack like
Jabba the Moore

The guy with the pointed questions about endless neocon lies?

Im sorry? We're you trying to make yourself look like a fruitcake's inbred
cousin by defending an attention whore like Moore that even most left
wingnuts won't go near, or are you just following me around personally
trying to dry hump my leg?

*snicker*

My accurate assessment of left wingnuttery must have truly struck a
nerve, Cliff, for you to spaz out and reply to it 4 times... three
with the same screeching, and two to the exact same passage.

Thank you. It's always nice to be reminded you've done an excellent job.

Clif the Noid..was my fan club until I kill filed him..now that I dont
pay him any attention..its as I expected..he will find another high
class opponent to try to get his 30 seconds of fame from.

Looks like you are it.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:40:57 -0500, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

tell George Bush.

Poor ol' George. I agree that he's not really up to the task with which he
has been confronted

Having another vacation crisis is he? Where to go or what to do?
http://www.rappincowboy.com/uploaded...ing-709346.jpg
--
Cliff
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
TDKozan

Louis Ohland wrote:
I put the term that I'm familiar with up first. Here's one to chew
on. Enjoy! http://www.editorscanberra.org/July02.htm#naut YMMV

Hoisted by one's own petard

The 'petard' was a small cask of black powder used to prime cannon
fuses. During a battle a petard was stored alongside each gun.
Occasionally, a careless crewman would set one off while lighting a
fuse, thereby 'hoisting' himself in the air. The expression was used by
English sailors describing the inept French gunners.

Will you be regaling us with the etymology of Brass Monkeys next?
Sheesh, let it lie.

TK

--
At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Louis Ohland

Nah, Brass Monkeys are not my forte. I'd say that I did my homework and
found two credible explanations, not that the question was really
looking for clarification.

Getting a bit despondent trying to find Sieg Super X3 mills...

TDKozan wrote:
Hoisted by one's own petard

Will you be regaling us with the etymology of Brass Monkeys next?
Sheesh, let it lie.

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Cliff

wrote:

In misc.survivalism J. Francis wrote:

The right can be equally deceptive and twice as anal retentive, but at
least their fanaticism has some level of grounding in reality and common
sense.

Is that why they handle serpents and speak in tongues? Common sense you
say?

I'm sorry, but I don't see where that has anything to do with common sense
or lack of same, nor what it has to do with the "right".

I'm sorry. I suppose my comment could have been stronger had I referred
to the purported "grounding in reality" of those who handle serpents.

You must be thinking of the likes of bush's good buddy Ashcroft ....
http://www.rickross.com/groups/snake.html
http://www.thetruthaboutgeorge.com/ashcroft/index.html
[
Ashcroft Holds Bible Study Class in Office, Concerns Civil Libertarians
A Washington Post article revealed that Attorney General John Ashcroft, a
fundamentalist Pentecostal Christian, holds a Bible study class with Justice
Department staffers in his office. Although Ashcroft's spokesperson insisted
that attendance is not compulsory, many Justice Department employees privately
expressed concern that not attending the prayer meetings might have
repercussions.
]

The place must be full of snakes .... clearly many vipers. It's ALL
faith-based now.
--
Cliff

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Cliff

Cliff wrote:

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:00:02 GMT, "J. Francis" wrote:

In fact the only difference between a rabidly left political hack like
Jabba the Moore

The guy with the pointed questions about endless neocon lies?

Im sorry? We're you trying to make yourself look like a fruitcake's inbred
cousin by defending an attention whore like Moore that even most left
wingnuts won't go near, or are you just following me around personally
trying to dry hump my leg?

Found those "WMDs" yet?
Moore seemed correct too .....

*snicker*

My accurate assessment of left wingnuttery must have truly struck a
nerve, Cliff, for you to spaz out and reply to it 4 times... three
with the same screeching, and two to the exact same passage.

Yep. Wingers look pretty stupid by now, just as they did long ago.
Found those "WMDs" yet?

Thank you. It's always nice to be reminded you've done an excellent job.

You keep bending over ... not a pretty picture.
--
Cliff
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Cliff

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:52:38 +0100, Guido wrote:

J. Francis wrote:

which
of course whips fact free left wingnuts into an even bigger froth when
they try to defend themselves and their indefensible positions. There's
nothing in this world that lays waste to a pillar of idealism, than a
wrecking ball of fact.

Tell us exactly why it is that you are frothing?

I count 17 lines of your froth to 2 lines of Cliff's froth. You're one
amazing cappuccino in response to Cliff's latte that's for sure.

He may be a tad upset about being so gullible ..... the "WMD"
(and other) business may be sinking in. "May."
When lies are plan #1, #2, #3, #4, #5 & #6 he's wondering about #7 ....
--
Cliff
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Cliff

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 02:00:02 GMT, "J. Francis" wrote:

Guido wrote:

which
of course whips fact free left wingnuts into an even bigger froth when
they try to defend themselves and their indefensible positions. There's
nothing in this world that lays waste to a pillar of idealism, than a
wrecking ball of fact.

Tell us exactly why it is that you are frothing?

I count 17 lines of your froth to 2 lines of Cliff's froth. You're one
amazing cappuccino in response to Cliff's latte that's for sure.

You poor, misguided fool. Did you bother investing a couple minutes in
reading the subthread were replying to? Probably not, or you wouldn't
have embarrassed yourself by missing Cliff's clownish 4-post spaz session,
two of which were replies to the same quoted text.

Read for context ..

What an amusing bit of irony... I whip Cliff onto a multi-post frenzy, and
you try to "defend" him by becoming his dollop of whipped cream topping.

*laugh*

I smell old eggs ....
--
Cliff
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Gunner

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:04:06 -0700, TDKozan wrote:

Louis Ohland wrote:
I put the term that I'm familiar with up first. Here's one to chew
on. Enjoy! http://www.editorscanberra.org/July02.htm#naut YMMV

Hoisted by one's own petard

The 'petard' was a small cask of black powder used to prime cannon
fuses. During a battle a petard was stored alongside each gun.
Occasionally, a careless crewman would set one off while lighting a
fuse, thereby 'hoisting' himself in the air. The expression was used by
English sailors describing the inept French gunners.

Will you be regaling us with the etymology of Brass Monkeys next?
Sheesh, let it lie.

TK

Actually..no..a petard was a black powder device nailed to the gates
or walls of a village/keep/castle, to blow a hole in the object..a
breeching charge as it were. The nail type device it was attached to
...thats what was ment..when you were hung by the neck until dead,
hanging from your own petard or blown to pieces by a short fuse.

There is also some conjecture..that in French..petard is also used to
describe a fart. Usually a load obnoxious one..that sickens even the
fartee...hence..done in by your own fart.

Shrug..pick one that tickles your fancy. The known facts point to the
breeching charge.

Isnt a mind full of trivia a wonderful thing to own?

Gack.....

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
J. Francis

Cliff wrote:

I smell old eggs ....

Try bathing. Soap... water... I'm sure you've seen pictures...

Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Cliff

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 07:00:02 GMT, "J. Francis" wrote:

Cliff wrote:

I smell old eggs ....

Try bathing. Soap... water... I'm sure you've seen pictures...

He gave up on the rational bits.
Found those "WMDs" yet?
--
Cliff
Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Gunner

wrote:

Cliff wrote:

I smell old eggs ....

Try bathing. Soap... water... I'm sure you've seen pictures...

Now if it were a smell of cottage cheese..or rising bread...he should
use Vagistat.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism