DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Embossing Question (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/150297-embossing-question.html)

Claudia Satori March 23rd 06 01:31 AM

Embossing Question

I have a bookstore and am being asked by people about getting their Bibles
embossed with family/owner name. can anyone direct me where to get info on
getting this done. Or is there technology (other than embossing powder)
that will allow me to do this for them!

GodSpace
Claudia
805-777-7177
Catholic Bookstore in
Conejo Valley

Leo Lichtman March 23rd 06 02:47 AM

Embossing Question

"Claudia Satori" wrote: (clip) Or is there technology (other than embossing
powder) that will allow me to do this for them!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Actually, embossing powder sound to me like a winner. I used to put my
signature on the fly leaf of some of my books that way. There is also a way
to do it with metal "stencils" that you rub, but that would be very slow.

It is possible to do nice looking foil stamping with hot type.

Bugs March 23rd 06 04:41 AM

Embossing Question

daniel peterman wrote:
Get them screenprinted. I have done many that way.

Check with some local job printers or book binders. Foil embossing is
done with type set in a heated stick, or fancier machines work like a
printing press. One shot jobs only involve resetting the new name in
type metal. The embossing foil is sold by printing supply companies.
Bugs