DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT - Boat Transport (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/150117-ot-boat-transport.html)

Mike March 21st 06 09:38 PM

OT - Boat Transport

This is off-topic, but this group is full of about the most knowledgeable
people I have ever seen - and it does invlove moving a large object full of
mechanical parts so........

I need to ship a 23 foot powerboat across the country, from New Hampshire to
Oregon. The boat is on a trailer, but I would prefer to have it trucked or
rail shipped. Anyone with any recommendations, hints, or places to avoid?
Any ball park of what this might cost? If it's much over $2000 I will
probably just bag the idea. I have googled "boat transport", but I'm more
interested in "real world" experiences.

thanks in advance,

Mike

Rex B March 21st 06 09:48 PM

OT - Boat Transport

Mike wrote:
This is off-topic, but this group is full of about the most knowledgeable
people I have ever seen - and it does invlove moving a large object full of
mechanical parts so........

I need to ship a 23 foot powerboat across the country, from New Hampshire to
Oregon. The boat is on a trailer, but I would prefer to have it trucked or
rail shipped. Anyone with any recommendations, hints, or places to avoid?
Any ball park of what this might cost? If it's much over $2000 I will
probably just bag the idea. I have googled "boat transport", but I'm more
interested in "real world" experiences.

Well, if you can load a 18" swing lathe in the cabin.....

daniel peterman March 21st 06 10:02 PM

OT - Boat Transport

This may not help but I have a motorcycle magazine from the 1950s with
an article about a man and his wife who towed a quite large boat from
Montreal all the way to Alaska, By motorcycle.

Gunner March 22nd 06 12:06 AM

OT - Boat Transport

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:38:53 -0800, "Mike"
wrote:

This is off-topic, but this group is full of about the most knowledgeable
people I have ever seen - and it does invlove moving a large object full of
mechanical parts so........

I need to ship a 23 foot powerboat across the country, from New Hampshire to
Oregon. The boat is on a trailer, but I would prefer to have it trucked or
rail shipped. Anyone with any recommendations, hints, or places to avoid?
Any ball park of what this might cost? If it's much over $2000 I will
probably just bag the idea. I have googled "boat transport", but I'm more
interested in "real world" experiences.

thanks in advance,

Mike

google search terms Backloaded and Deadheading

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Eide March 23rd 06 01:06 AM

OT - Boat Transport

Mike,

Contact Brownell in Mattapoisett, MA. They are experts in moving all kind of
boats to all kinds of places. (They also manufacture boat trailers used in
boatyards and jackstands too.)
http://www.brownellsystems.com

Eide

.. .