DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ETX 125 azimuth gear slipping (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/149515-re-etx-125-azimuth-gear-slipping.html)

jtaylor March 17th 06 01:44 PM

ETX 125 azimuth gear slipping

"DTJ" wrote in message
On 16 Mar 2006 11:39:16 -0800, "d1v0t" wrote:

Has anyone found a good place to buy parts for an ETX-125? I've tried
calling Meade customer support many times but have never been able to
get through to a person.

There's a plastic ring on the azimuth gearbox that holds the large
plastic gear on the worm gear shaft onto the drive gear. The plastic
ring broke on my scope and there doesn't appear to be any way to make a
custom repair.

Ebay.

*************************
Dave

A post in rec.crafts.metalworking and a case of beer might do it.

Brian K March 17th 06 06:17 PM

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:44:39 -0400, jtaylor wrote:

"DTJ" wrote in message
On 16 Mar 2006 11:39:16 -0800, "d1v0t" wrote:

Has anyone found a good place to buy parts for an ETX-125? I've tried
calling Meade customer support many times but have never been able to
get through to a person.

There's a plastic ring on the azimuth gearbox that holds the large
plastic gear on the worm gear shaft onto the drive gear. The plastic
ring broke on my scope and there doesn't appear to be any way to make a
custom repair.

Ebay.

Dave

A post in rec.crafts.metalworking and a case of beer might do it.

JB Weld is useful for a lot of minor repair jobs like that.

Brian K