DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Made a pullup bar for my garage (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/149283-re-made-pullup-bar-my-garage.html)

Christopher Tidy March 15th 06 10:50 PM

Made a pullup bar for my garage

Ignoramus4546 wrote:
I welded the brackets from 3/16" pieces that I had. Each bracket
is supported by eight 1 5/8" screws, going into the garage ceiling
joist. The bar is held by 3/16" chain.

The bar itself is a military surplus junk "FIXTURE, ENGINE MAIN"
that I did not know what to do with.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Pullup-Bar/

Is this a piece of gymnastic equipment or am I missing something here?
You weld a few beads, do a few pull-ups, weld some more? :-D

Chris

J. Clarke March 15th 06 11:43 PM

Christopher Tidy wrote:

Ignoramus4546 wrote:
I welded the brackets from 3/16" pieces that I had. Each bracket
is supported by eight 1 5/8" screws, going into the garage ceiling
joist. The bar is held by 3/16" chain.

The bar itself is a military surplus junk "FIXTURE, ENGINE MAIN"
that I did not know what to do with.

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Pullup-Bar/

Is this a piece of gymnastic equipment or am I missing something here?
You weld a few beads, do a few pull-ups, weld some more? :-D

Seems like a lot of work to save the price of a couple of eye-bolts.

Chris

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate