Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Some interesting ebooks

Some interesting Nasa books on alt.binaries.e-books.technical

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:59:30 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Some interesting Nasa books on alt.binaries.e-books.technical

Gunner

correction..alt.binaries.e-book.technical

- Proverbs 22:3

- Proverbs 22:3
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jordan

Is there some trick to getting alt.binaries to work?
All I get is gobbledygook.

Thanks,Jordan

Some interesting Nasa books on alt.binaries.e-books.technical

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

Jordan wrote:
Is there some trick to getting alt.binaries to work?
All I get is gobbledygook.

Best thing for snagging binaries is Binary News Reaper - BNR.
Google it, it's free.

Gunner, what did you find interesting? most of the recent posts have
been motorcycle factory shop manuals.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:05:19 -0600, Rex B
wrote:

Jordan wrote:
Is there some trick to getting alt.binaries to work?
All I get is gobbledygook.

Best thing for snagging binaries is Binary News Reaper - BNR.
Google it, it's free.

Gunner, what did you find interesting? most of the recent posts have
been motorcycle factory shop manuals.

There were a whole series of Nasa manuals/texts..umbilical
construction, mars rover papers, etc etc.

I tried to snag the Indian motorcycle books, didnt get all of them and
have repeatedly asked for a manual for a 72-78 Honda Xl 350 with no
luck

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

wrote:

Jordan wrote:
Is there some trick to getting alt.binaries to work?
All I get is gobbledygook.

Best thing for snagging binaries is Binary News Reaper - BNR.
Google it, it's free.

Gunner, what did you find interesting? most of the recent posts have
been motorcycle factory shop manuals.

There were a whole series of Nasa manuals/texts..umbilical
construction, mars rover papers, etc etc.

I missed those

I tried to snag the Indian motorcycle books, didnt get all of them and
have repeatedly asked for a manual for a 72-78 Honda Xl 350 with no
luck

Yeah, never seen that one anywhere.
Most of the stuff recently posted has been crotch-rockets, plus a couple
of HD titles.

Actually, I've been looking for a Yamaha QT-50 manual to get our pit
bike running again.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jordan

Rex B wrote:

Best thing for snagging binaries is Binary News Reaper - BNR.

Thanks for that - got it and it seems to run OK.
Now, I've downloaded a group of 5 files (BMW_R1150...) and want to read
them, but not sure what to do next. (I did try to read the help docs.)
The files have different suffixes: .par2, .rar.3, PAR2.x

These I think need to be stitched together somehow. Any tips?

Jordan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Peter Wiley

wrote:

Jordan wrote:
Is there some trick to getting alt.binaries to work?
All I get is gobbledygook.

Best thing for snagging binaries is Binary News Reaper - BNR.
Google it, it's free.

Gunner, what did you find interesting? most of the recent posts have
been motorcycle factory shop manuals.

There were a whole series of Nasa manuals/texts..umbilical
construction, mars rover papers, etc etc.

I tried to snag the Indian motorcycle books, didnt get all of them and
have repeatedly asked for a manual for a 72-78 Honda Xl 350 with no
luck

Hmmmm, might have one of those around somewhere. I still have an XL250
bike up the farm and a complete spare motor sitting in my shop.

I definitely have a Yamaha DT250 manual of the same vintage. Saw it
last time I was digging thru some old stuff. The bike is up the farm,
too.

One of these days I'm gonna Ebay the whole lot.

PDW
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
technomaNge

Jordan wrote:
Is there some trick to getting alt.binaries to work?
All I get is gobbledygook.

I use Grabit for the downloads. The beta is free, will be pay when it
gets out of beta.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Interne...s/GrabIt.shtml

Then WinRAR to assemble the parts, not free but reasonable.
Trial version is available.

http://www.rarlab.com/

Works for me.

technomaNge