Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Abrasha

Default Moving a heavy built-in refrigerator.

I am having trouble finding a tool, that I know exists (I have seen it used in
my own home), that I need to use again, and which I cannot seem to locate to
buy. I do not know the name or brand of the tool, but I can describe it, and
how it is used.

The tool is used to move a heavy "built-in" refrigerator back into the space
that was previously built into. It had to be removed to replace the floor
underneath it.

It consists of two strips of milky white plastic (teflon?), which are
approximately 8" wide and 36" long.

They are placed into the space on either side, so the glide feet of the
refrigerator fit onto these two strips. The refrigerator is placed onto the
strips with the help of a dolly. Once on the strips, the refrigerator can
easily slide into it's space. Once in place, the strips are then pulled out by
holding onto the strips through holes that are cut out of the ends that still
protrude in front of the refrigerator.

Does anyone here know what I am talking about, and if so, what is it called?
Would you know a brand name? And where could I get it?

Thanks in advance.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Koz

Your local plastics house should be able to sell you a couple of strips
of UHMW for a song and a dance to do the job. Pull holes to remove
after should be no problem at all.

Koz

Abrasha wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I picked up a smaller set of these at a home store (Home Desperate).
I have no idea if they still stock them. These were maybe 3" wide,
with interlocking tabs on the ends, they also have lips to keep the
feet on track. They were not expensive. If you don't find any
locally,
and assuming I can find my own, I'd be willing to send them your way
for the cost of postage.
--Glenn Lyford

Abrasha wrote:
I am having trouble finding a tool,
It consists of two strips of milky white plastic (teflon?), which are
approximately 8" wide and 36" long.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ken Sterling

[...]

Many times these outfits that clean carpets have these (for moving
furniture and cleaning under). You may even be able to borrow them
from one of these outfits. Some are pretty heavy duty and have a rope
attached to the end for sliding furniture clear across the room.
HTH,
Ken.