Paul

Default CLAUSING 1300 13" x48" VARIABLE SPEED LATHE

Would this be a decent lathe for $1500 + shipping?
As you guys know I'm new to this and working on lathes in my machine shop
class. (thanks for the tool grinding help.)

Reno, Paul

steamer

--Damn straight. Make sure it's got some tooling. What's the
spindle taper?

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Time flies like an arrow
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Fruit flies like a banana...
Paul

not sure but it comes with 4-way tool post enco live center, Jacobs 1/2"
chuck and 11 5c collets, machine has a mounting bracket and & rear spindle
index for drawbar
....not sure what the drawbar is for... but how does that sound with that
stuff.
oh and a D1-3 camlock 8" 3 way chuck.

"steamer" wrote in message
news
--Damn straight. Make sure it's got some tooling. What's the
spindle taper?

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Time flies like an arrow
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Fruit flies like a banana...
http://www.nmpproducts.com/intro.htm
---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---

Kent Frazier

"Paul" wrote in message
not sure but it comes with 4-way tool post enco live center, Jacobs 1/2"
chuck and 11 5c collets, machine has a mounting bracket and & rear spindle
index for drawbar
...not sure what the drawbar is for... but how does that sound with that
stuff.
oh and a D1-3 camlock 8" 3 way chuck.

This sounds like a good buy!
11 5c collet will be useful.
The draw bar is to close the collets.
The spindle taper is D1-3 this is a common spindle type I think, that's
good.
The 4 way tool post will get you by until you want a qc tool post.
What shape is the machine in?
Any machine can be beat to crap by an idiot. The machine you describe
sounds in description to be good but you should inspect it yourself. If you
trust the seller... check it out any way.
Leigh Knudson (I have butchered the spelling I fear) posted a definitive
piece on how to buy a used lathe, I read it and took it to heart before I
bought mine. I could not find a pointer to it, maybe some kind soul could
help with that...
Kent

Brian Lawson

Hey Paul,

You don't say where are you located, or more exactly, where the lathe
is for inspection. Gimme an address, or even the guys phone number.
I could maybe come and take a LOOK at it! See if it looks like
something I wan.., whoops scratch that!!, I mean U might want.
Probably you wouldn't. Ummm......did you give the guy a deposit?
VBG

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 18:01:50 -0800, "Paul"
wrote:

not sure but it comes with 4-way tool post enco live center, Jacobs 1/2"
chuck and 11 5c collets, machine has a mounting bracket and & rear spindle
index for drawbar
...not sure what the drawbar is for... but how does that sound with that
stuff.
oh and a D1-3 camlock 8" 3 way chuck.

news