Gunner

Default Hardinge Second Ops lathe

Looks like a fun lil hardinge second ops lathe to have around.

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Looks like a fun lil hardinge second ops lathe to have around.

Wow, that's in pretty rough shape. My strong suspicion is,
it won't sell at all. I guess the former owner had some
dedicated use for it, hence the ventilation on the
base, and also the missing speed change levers.

The trouble with a machine like that is, even if it sold for
a hundred bucks, the shipping kills the deal.

Mine DSM-59 (also split bed)

http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/_2001_retired_files/DSM1.jpg

was a local deal, the entire thing came home in two small
pickup truck loads. But it was also really really stock and
complete, with both bed turret and tailstock, double cross
slide, and also the compound.

I see about a dozen items on ebay that I lust for every month
but again the shipping is a killer, so those never happen.

Jim

please reply to:

mikee

That okay, Jim.

I see a few things that I lust after (female, usually), daily, but can't afford
the shipping, either.

Mike Eberlein (sometimes the old saying about a "man's desire should exceed his
grasp" makes pretty good economic sense)

jim rozen wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

[...]

jim rozen

In article , mikee says...

That okay, Jim.

I see a few things that I lust after (female, usually), daily, but can't afford
the shipping, either.

What's that line, "if it floats, flys, ****s or has leadscrews
yer better off renting it."

Jim

please reply to:

Bernd

"jim rozen" wrote in message

What's that line, "if it floats, flys, ****s or has leadscrews
yer better off renting it."

ROFLOL

I guess I'm in trouble I own two of the above. Bet you can guess which.