DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   30W Non Detergent vs Officially Branded Air Compressor Oil (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/146730-30w-non-detergent-vs-officially-branded-air-compressor-oil.html)

Barry S. February 28th 06 01:01 AM

30W Non Detergent vs Officially Branded Air Compressor Oil

I'm finding that the nearest seller of manufacturer brand air
compressor oil (Rol Air) is not terribly convenient.

Is it acceptable to use a name brand 30W-Non Detergent (SA) oil
instead?

__________________
Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'.

~Roy~ February 28th 06 01:22 AM

30W Non Detergent vs Officially Branded Air Compressor Oil

I have a Kellog_American 20 gal and its probably over 35 years old
and 30 wt non det. is all its ever had in it. Also use it in the 60
gal vertical tank C-H compressor as well.....

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....

Ned Simmons February 28th 06 01:49 AM

30W Non Detergent vs Officially Branded Air Compressor Oil

In article ,
says...
I'm finding that the nearest seller of manufacturer brand air
compressor oil (Rol Air) is not terribly convenient.

You can get compressor oil (Mobil Rarus?) in gallons from McMaster, and
probably MSC.

Ned Simmons

[email protected] February 28th 06 01:55 AM

Barry S. wrote:
I'm finding that the nearest seller of manufacturer brand air
compressor oil (Rol Air) is not terribly convenient.

Is it acceptable to use a name brand 30W-Non Detergent (SA) oil
instead?

Barry, I have an OLD Gilbarco virtical compressor (the kind that oil
companies used to "give" to service stations years ago. It is probably
from the late 40's or 50's. I was told to run 30wt nd in it and always
have.
It's kinda aggravating - it takes about 15 min to pump up - but it was
cheep, as in free.
Bill.

Barry S. February 28th 06 03:44 AM

On 27 Feb 2006 16:55:25 -0800, wrote:

Barry S. wrote:
I'm finding that the nearest seller of manufacturer brand air
compressor oil (Rol Air) is not terribly convenient.

Is it acceptable to use a name brand 30W-Non Detergent (SA) oil
instead?

Barry, I have an OLD Gilbarco virtical compressor (the kind that oil
companies used to "give" to service stations years ago. It is probably
from the late 40's or 50's. I was told to run 30wt nd in it and always
have.
It's kinda aggravating - it takes about 15 min to pump up - but it was
cheep, as in free.
Bill.

Many thanks for the responses.. I'll pick some up.

Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'.