Gunner

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:38:03 -0500, "tonyp" wrote:

"Bray Haven" wrote

... As you say, politics is getting much worse ...

Compared to when? Have you read _any_ history on presidential campaigns?

-- TP

Tony is quite right. Compared to the 19th century shenanigans, our
"modern" campaigns are tame as an old hound dog.

Though I do think they should bring back dueling....

Gunner
The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long
Gunner

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...---and I wouldn't trust any of them...

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 00:42:14 GMT, Sunworshiper
wrote:

I used to go into Raenosa a couple times a week, Sams Bar had a great
cantina with really good cabrito asada y aroze. Damn..now my mouth is
watering. Sigh

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long

Yeah, you did mention that didn't you. During the same time? I went
almost every Sat. night from '75-'80 and many times woke up with 15
door stamps on my arms. Driving there was fun and I did it with all
types of vehicles. I could tell hordes of stories that I can't say on
the record. We use to gorge on horse meat/carney as ada tacos just to
make it back across the border at 4 am. At the other place right next
to the bridge they had smoked dogs like some kind of german sausage
place with them hanging and nets around them while your eating.

One time this very good friend and I won this verbal bet with blank
blank over blank and he owed us all the gas and any restaurant bill ,
so we went to Mexico at a "primo" place and had so much food it was
beyond believe and the bill was only $38 . I miss them both.

I was there in 74 IRRC. Was working for Western Geophysical or Bendix
Geophysical, cant remember which. We were contracted to Pemex.

Took the girlfriends to BoysTown at their request...chuckle...they were
tickled when they had to buy Prostitutes Licenses ($2-5 US) before the
Rurales would let them in. They simply had to see the girl with the
donkey. They did. As I recall they were in shock over that, and then
the gal with the pingpong ball shooting snatch took them right over the
edge. When she started picking up quarters off the corner of the
table...my buddies ol lady went speechless. Good thing too,...gawd she
had a motor mouth. Cajun.

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

Though I do think they should bring back dueling....

Now *that* I can endorse. I used to live near
The Hermitage, which was Aaron Burr's home.

Jim

please reply to:

Bray Haven

Whining "Boy" saysJane was right. So
was Martin Luther King. You were all wrong. Murdering,
lying, savage scumsuckers. Too bad you didn't all get
killed.

And John Kerry was in the lead ).
Greg Sefton
pyotr filipivich

Default two words on Kerry was OT-I ain't No senator's son...

A city wide blackout at Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:18:26 GMT did not prevent Gunner
from posting to rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Speaking of "Jane" photos, there was one of Kerry with Jane Fonda on the tube
this AM, trashing the military in the 60's. That oughta help his support with
vets )
Greg Sefton

Chuckle..that one has already hit most of the vet newsgroups 2 days ago.
The brothers are not amused.

I have head reports that Democrats feel that Kerry has an excellent chance
in the south because of two words: Vietnam Vet.
My response is, Kerry doesn't stand a chance because of two words: "Jane
Fonda".
--
pyotr filipivich.

lane

My response is, Kerry doesn't stand a chance because of two words: "Jane
Fonda".
--

Who cares what that bitch thinks or does?

Lane

tonyp

"jim rozen" wrote

Gunner says...
Though I do think they should bring back dueling....

Now *that* I can endorse. I used to live near
The Hermitage, which was Aaron Burr's home.

Okay, but you understand, don't you, that Gunner is nostalgic for duels fought
with AK47s and Uzis, not muzzle-loading single-shot pistols :-)

-- Tony P.

jim rozen

In article , tonyp says...

Okay, but you understand, don't you, that Gunner is nostalgic for duels fought
with AK47s and Uzis, not muzzle-loading single-shot pistols :-)

That's OK. The combatants still only get
one bullet!

Jim

please reply to:

Sunworshiper

wrote:

[...]

Oil?

Took the girlfriends to BoysTown at their request...chuckle...they were
tickled when they had to buy Prostitutes Licenses ($2-5 US) before the
Rurales would let them in. They simply had to see the girl with the
donkey. They did. As I recall they were in shock over that, and then
the gal with the pingpong ball shooting snatch took them right over the
edge. When she started picking up quarters off the corner of the
table...my buddies ol lady went speechless. Good thing too,...gawd she
had a motor mouth. Cajun.

Gunner

Missed that , but I did see stills of it in Mexican under ground rags.
back then. Must have been a sight ! You must have had some very
mature girls , I can't imagine them wanting to go there. I was
shocked at that area. I use to fill up and the cans in the trunk @
something like 20 cents a gallon of gas and add AV gas and Marvel
Mystery Oil.

I like the weather there, it was funny how the locals would be wearing
coats , gloves, and boots when it got under 60 F. I went to the same
high school as Freddy Fender and there was only kickers (cotton farmer
kids) , 98% Mexican/pochucos, and one surfer (me). One day I was
walking up the middle sidewalk and a line of pochucos blocked my path.
I was thinking , oh great my gun and knight stick are in the car and
if I turn away I will get in more trouble. So , I went for it and got
stopped by the leader in the walkway and he says " I hear your in
trouble with the kickers , you just say the word, and I would love to
take care of them for you..." I was happy , at least I didn't get
killed and 98% of the school is watching. What was really funny is
that they built a new school and it had no corners for the kids to
neck in anymore. Drug raids and dogs where at least twice a week.

I almost rented a huge Apt. on the second floor over in Mex. for $75 a
month and it had an automatic door to dive your car into the court
yard.

There was also an acquaintance down there that had a Cessna 180 with
big tires. He would take all the seats out and load up with coolers
and fishing rods and fly down the coast into Mexico and land out in
BFE and fish for the weekend by himself and come back with big
beautiful fish. Now, that sounds like fun to me.
Glenn Ashmore

Gunner wrote:

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long

I believe you will find that several of the more ethical members of the
Dubya's cabinet did exactly that or wished they had. Even Karen Hughes,
the Dubya's right hand truth broker gave up fighting the Rove dogma
machine and went back to Texas. Former budget director Mitch Daniels
could no longer choke down his opinion that the Dubya's ecconomic policy
was from outer space. Paul O'Neal tried to do his duty and bring some
reality to the ecconomic policy and got fired for his trouble. Tommy
Thompson is on thin ice for refusing to release a report on health care
that had been greatly sanitized by Carl Rove. Christie Whitman at EPA
can't wait untli the end of the year when she can get out and still save
face. Colin Powell will need treatment for gangreen of the tounge from
biting it so long.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Bray Haven

Default OT-I ain't No senator's son...---and I wouldn't trust any of

olin Powell will need treatment for gangreen of the tounge from
biting it so long.

--
Glenn Ashmore

I see you've been swallowing all that sputum that Hanoi John has been spouting
).
Greg Sefton
Bray Haven

My response is, Kerry doesn't stand a chance because of two words: "Jane
Fonda".

They already refer to him as Hanoi John )
Greg S
Gunner

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:52:34 -0500, "tonyp" wrote:

"jim rozen" wrote

Gunner says...
Though I do think they should bring back dueling....

Now *that* I can endorse. I used to live near
The Hermitage, which was Aaron Burr's home.

Okay, but you understand, don't you, that Gunner is nostalgic for duels fought
with AK47s and Uzis, not muzzle-loading single-shot pistols :-)

-- Tony P.

If you are up for it Tony..and willing to sign a wavier..Ill give you
your choice of hardwood, cold steel, blued steel or the cloth yard
shaft.

Watcha say Tony...wanna play?

Lets rumba!

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long
Gunner

On 12 Feb 2004 14:57:33 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , tonyp says...

Okay, but you understand, don't you, that Gunner is nostalgic for duels fought
with AK47s and Uzis, not muzzle-loading single-shot pistols :-)

That's OK. The combatants still only get
one bullet!

Jim

Works for me. Code Duello rules be ok? Or a bit more impromptu version?

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long
Gunner

On 13 Feb 2004 02:58:04 GMT, (Bray Haven) wrote:

My response is, Kerry doesn't stand a chance because of two words: "Jane
Fonda".

They already refer to him as Hanoi John )
Greg S

Yup. And Im sure we are going to see a bit more of "JFK" in the next few
days....as his similarity to Clinton in the Bimbo department hits the
major media....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...portaltop.html

ROFLMAO!!!!

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long

Martin H. Eastburn

What - it didn't take a boat trip ?

ROFLMAO!!!!

Martin

Gunner wrote:

On 13 Feb 2004 02:58:04 GMT, (Bray Haven) wrote:

My response is, Kerry doesn't stand a chance because of two words: "Jane
Fonda".

They already refer to him as Hanoi John )
Greg S

Yup. And Im sure we are going to see a bit more of "JFK" in the next few
days....as his similarity to Clinton in the Bimbo department hits the
major media....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...portaltop.html

ROFLMAO!!!!

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer

Tbone

On 12 Feb 2004 05:15:46 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

Though I do think they should bring back dueling....

Now *that* I can endorse. I used to live near
The Hermitage, which was Aaron Burr's home.

Jim

please reply to:

HUH?
Ol' Andrew Jackson is gonna be mad that Burr moved into his house?