Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin Morris

Default Used tooling in San Diego, CA???

Does anyone know a place in or near San Diego County (California)
where unloved metalworking tools/tooling go to find a new owner?

Preferably a place that doesn't charge an arm and a leg... but I'm
desperate. eBay shipping kills!

Thanks!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
The Eternal Squire

Martin Morris wrote:
Does anyone know a place in or near San Diego County (California)
where unloved metalworking tools/tooling go to find a new owner?

Preferably a place that doesn't charge an arm and a leg... but I'm
desperate. eBay shipping kills!

Thanks!

Sure... my older brother lives in San Diego. I can stay that night at
his place and pick up your stuff, assuming you at least have a working
CNC mill or lathe! I am a beginner and need to start somewhere!!!

Email me at eternalsquire at at hotmail dot dot com if you are serious
about this.

Thanks,

The Eternal Squire

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

try
Industrial Liquidators
6520 Nancy Ridge Drive
San Diego, CA 92121

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 00:22:51 -0800, Martin Morris
wrote:

Does anyone know a place in or near San Diego County (California)
where unloved metalworking tools/tooling go to find a new owner?

Preferably a place that doesn't charge an arm and a leg... but I'm
desperate. eBay shipping kills!

Thanks!

Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin Morris

I was there Friday, and they don't have anything except office
furniture and shelving any more. That was what prompted my post. I
haven't checked their Kearney Mesa store yet.

wrote:

Does anyone know a place in or near San Diego County (California)
where unloved metalworking tools/tooling go to find a new owner?

Preferably a place that doesn't charge an arm and a leg... but I'm
desperate. eBay shipping kills!

Thanks!

Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com
*** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
http://www.SecureIX.com ***
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Schoenbeck

Martin, Go see Jim Pratt Machine Tools in Pacific Beach.
Yes, that's right, Pacific beach. Off the North side of Balboa near the
I-5
http://www.jimprattmachinetools.com/

Don't waste too much time on his site. Hopelessly out of date. Just call
him and make time to go see him. No showroom, just warehouse full of
stuff he has bought. Stock varies so go look and tell him what you are
looking for. He's a nice guy. Easy to deal with but works at his own
pace. I got my SB9 lathe and Calusing 8520 mill there as well as some
other stuff. Tell him Bill Schoenbeck sent you. It won't get you any
discount but he might remember me. Good Luck. You can contact me at

double u schoenbeck at cox dot net

Bill

Martin Morris wrote in
:

I was there Friday, and they don't have anything except office
furniture and shelving any more. That was what prompted my post. I
haven't checked their Kearney Mesa store yet.

"William B Noble (don't reply to this address)"
wrote:

try
Industrial Liquidators
6520 Nancy Ridge Drive
San Diego, CA 92121

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

They have a store in Hawthorne (Lawndale?) and it has a lot of mill
cutters and stuff - well not a lot, but maybe 1000 pounds or so -
anyway, you could call that store and have the stuff shipped (no
charge) to the SD store - at least they wree willing to do it the
other way for me when I bought some stuff in SD and wanted to pick it
up a bit to the north.