DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Female flare to pipe fitting? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/144627-re-female-flare-pipe-fitting.html)

DT February 13th 06 04:59 PM

Female flare to pipe fitting?

In article , lid
says...

I have a vacuum pump with a flare cross fitting (two 3/8" and what
looks like 1/8" flare). This fitting is very well set in the pump and
I could not unscrew it with about 50 ft lbs of force (guesstimated). I
do not want to use more force and would prefer to get an
adapter. Something like 3/8" flare to 1/4" NPT. The catch is that the
adapter must be female flare, not male, as it usually happens. I
looked in usual placed like our local hardware store and McMaster, and
did not find much. Any suggestions?

As I recall, your pump looked like it was an HVAC pump, so you may need to
locate parts from HVAC sources. Are you sure it is 3/8"? R-12 and several other
refigerants used 1/4" flare. I looked around the various Internet sources I
have for automotive AC and the only pump adapters they offer are 1/4" female
flare.

Dennis