Gunner

Default 4C Collets Revisited and a name and phone number

For those of you wanting 4C collets, the seller told me to simply give
you his name and phone number.

Jeff Mathews, Mathews Gauge

714-540-2846

http://www.matthewsgauge.com/

Be sure to ask for Jeff Mathews (there are other Jeffs working there )

A further note..they appear to be mostly in 32nds, and the majority
made by CWC. Many are still new in dip.

They were mostly used in the cute little Kitamura second ops turret
lathes, but only a few sizes were used.

A further note..they make very nice stuff and Jeff specializes in
gundrilling, so if you need any deep and straigth holes done..talk to
him.

Be sure to mention you were refered by:

Gunner

" ..The world has gone crazy. Guess I'm showing my age...
I think it dates from when we started looking at virtues
as funny. It's embarrassing to speak of honor, integrity,
bravery, patriotism, 'doing the right thing', charity,
fairness. You have Seinfeld making cowardice an acceptable
choice; our politicians changing positions of honor with
every poll; we laugh at servicemen and patriotic fervor; we
accept corruption in our police and bias in our judges; we
kill our children, and wonder why they have no respect for
Life. We deny children their childhood and innocence- and
then we denigrate being a Man, as opposed to a 'person'. We
*assume* that anyone with a weapon will use it against his
fellowman- if only he has the chance. Nah; in our agitation
to keep the State out of the church business, we've
destroyed our value system and replaced it with *nothing*.
Turns my stomach- " Chas , rec.knives
Peter H.

Rowe Machinery has 4C collets. Hardinge.

Jim Stewart

Gunner wrote:
For those of you wanting 4C collets, the seller told me to simply give
you his name and phone number.

Did you see any square or hex?

Gunner

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:14:28 GMT, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Gunner wrote:
For those of you wanting 4C collets, the seller told me to simply give
you his name and phone number.

Did you see any square or hex?

I actually wasnt looking for them. No idea if there are any odd ones.

[...]

Jim Stewart

Jim Stewart wrote:

Gunner wrote:

For those of you wanting 4C collets, the seller told me to simply give
you his name and phone number.

Did you see any square or hex?

If I call him and tell him Gunner sent me,
will he know who I'm talking about?

Gunner

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:23:45 -0800, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Jim Stewart wrote:

Gunner wrote:

For those of you wanting 4C collets, the seller told me to simply give
you his name and phone number.

Did you see any square or hex?

If I call him and tell him Gunner sent me,
will he know who I'm talking about?

Ah..yes. Chuckle.

Gunner

"As physicists now know, there is some nonzero probability that any object will,
through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your shop to Floyds Knobs,
Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which case the object will
tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota).
The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability.
Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones,
of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines."
Greg Dermer: rec.crafts.metalworking