DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Device name clarification (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/143369-device-name-clarification.html)

Bill Kehm February 4th 06 09:25 PM

Device name clarification

Hi again, My other message regarding this subject generated
several replies but unfortunately the item so far were not what I
was looking for. So... maybe a better description is in order.

The devices I saw were long leaf springs that were joined
together at one end sorta like a "V" The one free end was a
rubber pad that was in contact with the pavement, and the other
end was strapped? to the person's foot. Theapex of the "V" was to
the rear and the open end was in front. There was a pair, one for
each foot. The person would run with very large strides. They
raised the person about 2 feet high off the ground. Supposedly
they provided good exercise as well as allowing one to really
cover a lot of ground. I thought the name was something like
"Striders" but no matter what modifiers I used with that name it
never came up in GOOGLE.

Thanks.
Bill

everyman February 5th 06 10:01 AM

Device name clarification

Those are the ones that have been being used in a commercial on CNN lately.
Don't know what they're called.
Karl