DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bridgeport DRO (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/143045-bridgeport-dro.html)

Al MacDonald February 2nd 06 04:17 PM

Bridgeport DRO

Greetings,

I recently purchased an older Bridgeport DRO for my small vertical mill.
While it works fine I'd like to replace the wipers on both scales. Does
anyone have an idea where I'd be able to purchase some wipers (or lengths of
wiper material)?

Thanks,

al.

Roy February 2nd 06 04:23 PM

Bridgeport DRO

CAll MSC, and they can order the pieces you need. Talk to customer
service. When I received my BP a few years ago it needed wipers as
well. The OEM types will not sell to individuals, and gave me a list
of companies I could buy this stuff through and MSC was one of them.,
They bill your credit card, and the company that has the wiper
material does all the shipping of the goods......

Regards

--
\\\|///
( @ @ )

oooO
---------( )----Oooo----------------
\ ( ( )
\_) ) /
(_/
The original frugal ponder ! Koi-ahoi mates....

Richard J Kinch February 2nd 06 10:10 PM

Bridgeport DRO

Al MacDonald writes:

Does anyone have an idea where I'd be able to purchase some wipers (or
lengths of wiper material)?

Used to be just wool felt. Is there some modern unobtanium nowadays for
this purpose?

If you are secure in your masculinity, you can visit the fabric department
at Wal-Mart.

tomcas February 3rd 06 12:57 AM

Bridgeport DRO

Al MacDonald wrote:
Greetings,

I recently purchased an older Bridgeport DRO for my small vertical mill.
While it works fine I'd like to replace the wipers on both scales. Does
anyone have an idea where I'd be able to purchase some wipers (or lengths of
wiper material)?

Thanks,

al.

We replaced ours with an adhesive backed vinyl door seal from Home Depo
because the old ones were cracked and falling off. We even shortened the
scales to fit a smaller Bridgeport. I may be able to take a picture.

Joseph Gwinn February 3rd 06 03:30 AM

Bridgeport DRO

In article ,
Richard J Kinch wrote:

Al MacDonald writes:

Does anyone have an idea where I'd be able to purchase some wipers (or
lengths of wiper material)?

Used to be just wool felt. Is there some modern unobtanium nowadays for
this purpose?

If you are secure in your masculinity, you can visit the fabric department
at Wal-Mart.

Don't have to take the risk. MSC sells real industrial wool felt.

Joe Gwinn