Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Peter Grey

Default VFD and Dealers Electric experience

Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you know about my experience with Dealers Electric
(insert usual disclaimer about not being related in any way to DE). I
bought a VFD and 1 HP motor from them on the recommendation of Paul T. on
this board, and after lots of helpful suggestions from others.

I got the thing wired up, but found the manual slightly obtuse. It was
4:45PM on the east coast where DE is, so I gave them a quick ring hoping
they could at least point me in the right direction. Harold answered (who
had been very helpful when I bought the VFD/motor and even found an 1140RPM
motor for me), but was just leaving for the weekend. He volunteered to call
me from his cell phone while driving home. He called on his dime, and spent
20 minutes walking me through programming the VFD and setting various
parameters. It works great and will be a huge improvement over the old
motor.

This wasn't a big sale. The combo was $282, and yet Harold really went
above and beyond in making sure I was happy and that everything worked.
Harold and DE deserve an "atta-boy". When it comes time for a VFD for my
mill, I know who I'm calling.

Thanks again to all of you that responded to my earlier post asking for
help.

Regards,

Peter

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.

Peter Grey wrote:

[...]

Always good to give a plug for those companies that go the extra mile in
service regardless of the size of the customer.

Pete C.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®

Very good to know. I'm about to enter VFD-land.

In general it's a very useful and noble feature of these groups to have good
consumer feedback on products, services, companies.
Good companies really should be rewarded for their efforts, as well. Lord
knows there are so few of them, and it's a shame they have to scrap for a
share of the pie amidst all the effing hustlers out there.
The MisInformation Age, I spose...
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Peter Grey" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leo Lichtman

"Pete C." wrote: Always good to give a plug for those companies that go
the extra mile in service regardless of the size of the customer.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Extra mile." I guess so, since he was talking on his cell phone while
driving home.

"regardless of the swize of the customer." Why, how much does Peter Grey
weigh?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Wait

"Pete C." wrote

Always good to give a plug for those companies that go the extra mile in
service regardless of the size of the customer.

Pete C.

And here's a plug for McMaster-Carr. I ordered some stuff Thursday afternoon
about 3:30. UPS had it here at 11:00 AM Friday morning. Amazing. I've heard
of this here on the group but was still amazed when it happened to me. It
was my first order from them but won't be my last.

--
Tom Wait
Barton Rifle Shop

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 21:23:27 GMT, Tom Wait
wrote:

"Pete C." wrote

Always good to give a plug for those companies that go the extra mile in
service regardless of the size of the customer.

Pete C.

And here's a plug for McMaster-Carr. I ordered some stuff Thursday afternoon
about 3:30. UPS had it here at 11:00 AM Friday morning. Amazing. I've heard
of this here on the group but was still amazed when it happened to me. It
was my first order from them but won't be my last.

I had only positive experiences with them as well. I buy a lot of
stuff from them, comparatively speaking -- all the staples, screws,
terminals etc.

Becareful & check your invoices. They once billed me for several dollars
more than the invoice amount they emailed me as confirmation of a web
order. And no, it wasn't for shipping.

Doug White