Larry Jaques

Default OT - Gunner Quote - for Gunner and all the Gunnettes

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 12:55:50 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
brought forth from the murky depths:

Bush should be judged on the record after that -- on the creation of jobs in
2002 and 2003. After all, the recession officially ended in November 2001.

It DID? Despite the extremely loud sucking sound in the treasury
to support the security acts and a couple new wars?

How many new jobs did we get since then? An average loss of 22,000 jobs
every month.

Yes, but he gave amnesty to millions of illegals so they can continue
to work here. That helps unemployed Americans, doesn't it? :-/

-
Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm).
-----------
http://diversify.com Website Application Programming
Abrasha

Larry Jaques wrote:

How about a show of hands? Does anyone here on wreck.metal feel that
the Shr^H^H^HPresident is doing a good job? I see 66% approval rates
for Dubya but don't know -anyone- who agrees. How about here?

Well, in this ng you will most likely find that the majority approves of him and
the job he is doing. And I have a feeling that in this ng, his approval rating
is well over 66%.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo

Larry Jaques writes:

Yes, but he gave amnesty to millions of illegals so they can continue
to work here.

Ahem. He has put forward a suggestion. Economists tend to think it's
a good idea, since it will increase the net benefit to the US economy
from the presence of itinerant workers (the benefit is there already,
but it is limited by the inability to tax the work, and by the load on
the economy of illegals who are between jobs, but don't go home
because of the dangers of later re-entry). I'll be very much suprised
if it ever becomes reality, though. He won't get it through Congress.

Also, it probably wouldn't be millions, and it's not so they can
continue to work there -- they'll do that, anyway. It's to actively
control and regulate the situation, and to maximize the benefit to the
USA. (As usual when it comes to the opening up of an economy, there
would be a net benefit on both sides, which is why GWB is suddenly on
such friendly terms with his Mexian counterpart, of course.)

That helps unemployed Americans, doesn't it? :-/

In the long run, it probably would, at that.

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway
www.eunet.no T: +47-22092958 M: +47-93013940 F: +47-22092901

Gunner

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:16:56 GMT, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:36:26 GMT, Sue brought
forth from the murky depths:

On 19 Jan 2004 00:20:39 -0800, (Cliff Huprich)
wrote:
Economic numbers don't get more clear than this
]

See
http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature...obs/index.html

Looks to me as though it was taking a dive well before Clinton left
office. Who's fault was that? Bush, whom I'm not too wild about,
inherited a situation already going downhill.

How about a show of hands? Does anyone here on wreck.metal feel that
the Shr^H^H^HPresident is doing a good job? I see 66% approval rates
for Dubya but don't know -anyone- who agrees. How about here?

I think Bush & Co. are doing a marvelous job.
There are some things I dont like...but all and all.

Gunner

" ..The world has gone crazy. Guess I'm showing my age...
I think it dates from when we started looking at virtues
as funny. It's embarrassing to speak of honor, integrity,
bravery, patriotism, 'doing the right thing', charity,
fairness. You have Seinfeld making cowardice an acceptable
choice; our politicians changing positions of honor with
every poll; we laugh at servicemen and patriotic fervor; we
accept corruption in our police and bias in our judges; we
kill our children, and wonder why they have no respect for
Life. We deny children their childhood and innocence- and
then we denigrate being a Man, as opposed to a 'person'. We
*assume* that anyone with a weapon will use it against his
fellowman- if only he has the chance. Nah; in our agitation
to keep the State out of the church business, we've
destroyed our value system and replaced it with *nothing*.
Turns my stomach- " Chas , rec.knives
Santa Cruz Mike

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 17:22:30 GMT, Strider wrote:

You Leftwingers are just just ankle biters.

Hey. NOW... dont be insulting my dog and associating her with these
scuzzies...LOL

Later,
Mike

Greatest Salesmen on Earth
Man discovers the effects of God's handiwork; names it, measures it,
makes up little images, constantly adjust the measurements, constantly
updating the images, finally admits an image is not possible because
what where thought to be particles are waves, but has already put it
in a science book and sold it to millions of children as fact.

wmbjk

Strider wrote:

The bitch about the war going bad, until it started getting better.
Then they bitch about the economy being bad, until it started getting
better. Now the economy is rapidly recovering, they'll bitch about
unemployment until it gets better, then they will find something else
to whine about.

Imagine that, people complaining about war, the economy, unemployment,
runaway deficit spending, etc. Standards used to be higher - if only
we could return to those days when sophisticated folks had something
worthwhile to comment on, like interns under desks.

Wayne

Strider

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:49:21 GMT, "wmbjk" wrote:

Strider wrote:

The bitch about the war going bad, until it started getting better.
Then they bitch about the economy being bad, until it started getting
better. Now the economy is rapidly recovering, they'll bitch about
unemployment until it gets better, then they will find something else
to whine about.

Imagine that, people complaining about war, the economy, unemployment,
runaway deficit spending, etc. Standards used to be higher - if only
we could return to those days when sophisticated folks had something
worthwhile to comment on, like interns under desks.

Wayne

Sure wouldn't it be great to go back to the days when the Rapist in
Chief was playing with interns and ignoring petty things like the 1st
World Trade Center attack, the Cole attack, and such? Then we could
sit around and wait on another raghead to decide that the Pres. is a
weak candy ass and come over and blow up something else.

Strider
wmbjk

Strider wrote:

Sure wouldn't it be great to go back to the days when the Rapist in
Chief was playing with interns and ignoring petty things like the 1st
World Trade Center attack, the Cole attack, and such? Then we could
sit around and wait on another raghead to decide that the Pres. is a
weak candy ass and come over and blow up something else.

"rapist in chief"? "raghead"? sigh I guess I'll just never be able
to keep up with such high-brow commentary.

Wayne

Strider

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:10:21 GMT, "wmbjk" wrote:

Strider wrote:

Sure wouldn't it be great to go back to the days when the Rapist in
Chief was playing with interns and ignoring petty things like the 1st
World Trade Center attack, the Cole attack, and such? Then we could
sit around and wait on another raghead to decide that the Pres. is a
weak candy ass and come over and blow up something else.

"rapist in chief"? "raghead"? sigh I guess I'll just never be able
to keep up with such high-brow commentary.

Wayne

Great way to change the subject, tofu sucking, elitist Liberal.

Strider
Excitable Boy

Abrasha wrote in message ...
Excitable Boy wrote:

I wouldn't trust any translation that sounded like good English ...
Spehro's sounds more accurate to me,

Why?

Because the syntax and structure of Chinese is entirely different
from English. When you make Chinese into good English the meaning
gets mashed. Pidgen English is actually more accurate.

but I'd have to go buy a little
red book to know for sure.

The "Red Book" is only a book of quotations from many sources of Mao's
writings. The title is in fact "Quotations of Chairman Mao". Nothing original
in it.

I'd have to go buy another one to find out ... the only one I've
had was supposed to go to Gunner :-) There's tons of them at yu
yuan tho, Probably even a few lying around in people's homes still ...
I could ask miss shi, tho she's too young to even appreciate being
called tong zhi ... most older people giggle at that. Many people
still have Mao paintings and stuff in their houses, tho. Everyone
acknowledges that Mao was a great leader, even if they disagree
with some of his programs.
Excitable Boy

Robert Sturgeon wrote in message . ..

They had power because people believed in
them, unlike the corrupt fascist assholes in the guo min dang.

They had power because they had people willing to use guns
in their behalf. Now THEY are the corrupt fascist assholes.

You're merely a toothless redneck ignoramus, so go **** down your
pants leg or something, fool.
wmbjk

Strider wrote:

Great way to change the subject, tofu sucking, elitist Liberal.

If by tofu sucking you mean never tried tofu in my life, by elitist you
mean own no vehicles newer than 13 years old, by liberal you mean not a
troglodyte.... then yes, you're right.

Wayne

Jeff McCann

"Excitable Boy" wrote in message
om...
Robert Sturgeon wrote in message

. ..

They had power because people believed in
them, unlike the corrupt fascist assholes in the guo min dang.

They had power because they had people willing to use guns
in their behalf. Now THEY are the corrupt fascist assholes.

You're merely a toothless redneck ignoramus, so go **** down your
pants leg or something, fool.

He's not an ignoramus, and he's not toothless, being as he has taken a
figurative good bite out of me from time to time, and as for being a
redneck, he's . . . well, he's, um, . . . OK, dammit, you've got me
there.

Jeff

Strider

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:34:45 GMT, "wmbjk" wrote:

Strider wrote:

Great way to change the subject, tofu sucking, elitist Liberal.

If by tofu sucking you mean never tried tofu in my life, by elitist you
mean own no vehicles newer than 13 years old, by liberal you mean not a
troglodyte.... then yes, you're right.

Wayne

tofu sucking - weird culinary habits (that you want to force all the
rest of us to adhere to)

elitist- that you think you know what's best for all (even if it takes
forcing it upon us)

troglodyte - no. more like a lemming

Strider
wmbjk

Strider wrote:

tofu sucking - weird culinary habits (that you want to force all the
rest of us to adhere to)

Let's see you quote something from me showing that I eat anything weird,
or care what you eat.

elitist- that you think you know what's best for all (even if it takes
forcing it upon us)

OK, let's see a quote where I advocate forcing you to do *anything*.

troglodyte - no. more like a lemming

The thing about lemmings is bogus
http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/lemmings.htm

Nevetheless, there is such a thing as acting exactly like others, and
you seem to be doing that - writing like the typical rightwingnut.

Wayne

Strider

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:24:25 GMT, "wmbjk" wrote:

Strider wrote:

tofu sucking - weird culinary habits (that you want to force all the
rest of us to adhere to)

Let's see you quote something from me showing that I eat anything weird,
or care what you eat.

You probably want to sue McDonalds so that I don't get fat.

elitist- that you think you know what's best for all (even if it takes
forcing it upon us)

OK, let's see a quote where I advocate forcing you to do *anything*.

It's what liberals do.......

troglodyte - no. more like a lemming

The thing about lemmings is bogus
http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/lemmings.htm

It's a good description of liberal attitudes.

Nevetheless, there is such a thing as acting exactly like others, and
you seem to be doing that - writing like the typical rightwingnut.

Acting en mass, without conscious thought, is the trademark of you
liberals.

Strider

Wayne

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:52:47 GMT, Strider
wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:24:25 GMT, "wmbjk" wrote:

Strider wrote:

It's what liberals do.......

troglodyte - no. more like a lemming

The thing about lemmings is bogus
http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/lemmings.htm

It's a good description of liberal attitudes.

It also only relates to Disney.

http://ifpll.www7.50megs.com/database.html

They DO commit suicide. Just not over a cliff.

wmbjk

Strider wrote:

You probably want to sue McDonalds so that I don't get fat.

I take it that you're not able to back up your previous silly claims, so
you're going to make new ones instead. If you learned that tactic in
debating class, you should ask for your tuition back. Whatever, your
latest point is nonsensical, irrelevant, and not even slightly humorous.
I don't care where you eat, or if you get fat. In fact, I recommend, nay
*dare* you to go to McDonalds four times a day until you get really fat.
Don't give a second thought to those whiners who claim that diabetes is
expensive, 'cause Bush is going to cure diabetes and high health care
costs right after he fixes the economy, establishes world peace, and
wins the Tournament of Champions on Jeopardy.

Wayne

wmbjk

wrote:

It also only relates to Disney.

http://ifpll.www7.50megs.com/database.html

They DO commit suicide. Just not over a cliff.

??? Your cite says they *don't* commit suicide. It even backs that up
with the link I already posted.

Wayne

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:46:55 GMT, "wmbjk"

It also only relates to Disney.

http://ifpll.www7.50megs.com/database.html

They DO commit suicide. Just not over a cliff.

??? Your cite says they *don't* commit suicide. It even backs that up
with the link I already posted.

Wayne

When they reach the sea, they try to swim it as they would a
river and drown in the attempt.

What part of "drown" don't you understand?

Sunworshiper

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:21:26 GMT, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 12:55:50 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
brought forth from the murky depths:

Bush should be judged on the record after that -- on the creation of jobs in
2002 and 2003. After all, the recession officially ended in November 2001.

It DID? Despite the extremely loud sucking sound in the treasury
to support the security acts and a couple new wars?

How many new jobs did we get since then? An average loss of 22,000 jobs
every month.

Yes, but he gave amnesty to millions of illegals so they can continue
to work here. That helps unemployed Americans, doesn't it? :-/

It's beyond me why they would do that again. I'm still waiting for my
last get out of jail free card from the last time , good for any non
violent federal crime or below. They should make it sound really
really good and get all the names and businesses that employ them and
liquidate all their assets and ship them back. The business people,
polititians, or just plain rich people have the choice between what
countries they employed workers from as a starting ground to outside
the US.

They said the other night on the local news that there are around
200,000 illegals in Vegas. That's 1/5th of the population! No wonder
why its hard to find anyone who can speak english on a job site
anymore.

Good for the economy? Probably , but not if you want a job. If you
were flat broke in your 20's and want to work , good luck. You better
know something better than any kind of labor. I bet I could go out and
look for a different job and get an employer to tell me that he would
love to hire me , but he can get 2 or 3 others to do it within the
first day. What's scary is that they do some really shotty work and no
one cares. I wouldn't have any work if it wasn't for my reputation.
Soon some will catch on and do some quality work and I'll be out or
work for half. Or work for Kenny Konstruction Kompany.

Sorry, hey I could go on... Too late. I couldn't rent an Apt. once
cause I was white and had to sleep in my car for weeks trying to
resolve the problem. Then it hit me, I could get a mexican friend to
rent a place for me. I gave him $800+ and took him to my first chioce
where they had told me they where booked. He came back and said there
where 14 to choose from and picked this nice one with BRIGHT ORANGE
carpet ! They kicked me out after the six month lease ran out. And by
then I found a rich white chick to rent a condo from. I bet I could
fly out there today and get the same responce on hidden cameras and
own the Apt. complexes.

Hell, its illegal to pick up bums here for work ! I had two colleges
deny me the paper work for finanical aid cause I was white and thus
rich. And then Reagan said we need more ! I almost fell over.

Robert Sturgeon

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:05:14 +1300, Tom
wrote:

(snips)

They had power because people believed in
them, unlike the corrupt fascist assholes in the guo min dang.

They had power because they had people willing to use guns
in their behalf. Now THEY are the corrupt fascist assholes.

I see it was announced today that the "corrupt fascist assholes'"
economy grew 9.1% in 2003, how's your model going, or does Bush
need more guns? :-)

Tom

What does rate of growth have to do with being fascist
assholes? How was Nazi Germany's rate of growth during the
30s?

--
Robert Sturgeon,
proud member of the vast right wing conspiracy
Tom

Robert Sturgeon wrote:

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:05:14 +1300, Tom
wrote:

(snips)

They had power because people believed in
them, unlike the corrupt fascist assholes in the guo min dang.

They had power because they had people willing to use guns
in their behalf. Now THEY are the corrupt fascist assholes.

I see it was announced today that the "corrupt fascist assholes'"
economy grew 9.1% in 2003, how's your model going, or does Bush
need more guns? :-)

Tom

What does rate of growth have to do with being fascist
assholes? How was Nazi Germany's rate of growth during the
30s?

--
Robert Sturgeon,
proud member of the vast right wing conspiracy
and the evil gun culture.

You're the one that made the statement: "They had power because
they had people willing to use guns in their behalf."

Your own signature has you ascribing to the "the evil gun culture"
Yet for all your endeavours the US economy can't match the Chinese
for growth or come close! With your attitude, it's not lacking in
assholes so you're partially there, so therefore you must need
more guns or is it you have the guns but lack the intestinal fortitude?
Probably the latter I suspect..

Ed Huntress

"Tom" wrote in message
Robert Sturgeon wrote:

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:05:14 +1300, Tom
wrote:

(snips)

[...]

Match them? Who would want to? With a per-capita GDP of $4,020 (the most
optimistic, PPP-based estimate), versus $34,320 for the United States,
China's growth was only a fraction of ours. "All of our endeavours" in 2003
produced (at an estimated growth rate of 3.1%) $1064 in actual growth per
person. In China, assuming the official growth rate of 8.2% is correct,
their economy grew by $330 per person -- in purchasing-price-parity (PPP)
dollars. So the hot Chinese economy is producing something less than 1/3 of
the growth per person that the US economy is producing. Their actual growth
in exchange-rate dollars was a small fraction of that.

You're either seriously statistics-challenged, Tom, or you're so blinded by
your raging anti-American bigotry that you've burned out something important
in your brain.

Ed Huntress

Strider

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:44:54 GMT, "wmbjk" wrote:

Strider wrote:

You probably want to sue McDonalds so that I don't get fat.

I take it that you're not able to back up your previous silly claims, so
you're going to make new ones instead. If you learned that tactic in
debating class, you should ask for your tuition back. Whatever, your
latest point is nonsensical, irrelevant, and not even slightly humorous.
I don't care where you eat, or if you get fat. In fact, I recommend, nay
*dare* you to go to McDonalds four times a day until you get really fat.
Don't give a second thought to those whiners who claim that diabetes is
expensive, 'cause Bush is going to cure diabetes and high health care
costs right after he fixes the economy, establishes world peace, and
wins the Tournament of Champions on Jeopardy.

Wayne

My claim is easy to "back up". Liberals are busy trying to sue
everyone into submission on cigarettes, gun, food, religion,
sexuality, and even the size of your cars. The "rulings" by leftwing
judges are presented nearly every week, usually followed by reversals
by higher courts.

Liberals are evil. You people think you know what's best for everyone
else and if we don't go along peacefully with your warped logic then
you are ever willing to use the legal hammer to enforce your will on
us.

No wonder you people are so despised in America.

BTW, the economy is getting better quickly and Iraq is seeing good
progress. Now that Bush is getting these things under control I see
leftwing whiners like you striving for more things to bitch about. No
doubt, you would scream and cry like little girls if Bush didn't win
on Jeopardy. After all, you don't have much left to carp about, but
I'm sure that you lying, sniveling *******s will find something.

Strider
jim rozen

In article , Strider says...

Liberals are evil.

There it is. The entire US political
process reduced to black and white in
one sentence.

Now how are we going to punish half
the population for being evil?

Jim

please reply to:

Ed Huntress

"Strider" wrote in message
news

Liberals are evil. You people think you know what's best for everyone
else and if we don't go along peacefully with your warped logic then
you are ever willing to use the legal hammer to enforce your will on
us.

No wonder you people are so despised in America.

Actually, Strider, that isn't America. You're probably talking about the
western territories, which we Americans mistakenly allowed into the union.

In America, neither liberals nor conservatives are despised. They're both
tolerated as legitimate parts of the polity and the political process. In
the dark recesses of angst and bitterness, paranoia, scapegoating, and
hatred -- the places where assholes like you hang out -- everybody despises
everybody.

You might need an enema. They can help with the hard cases such as yourself.

Ed Huntress

Robert Sturgeon

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:06:39 +1300, Tom
wrote:

Robert Sturgeon wrote:

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:05:14 +1300, Tom
wrote:

(snips)

They had power because people believed in
them, unlike the corrupt fascist assholes in the guo min dang.

They had power because they had people willing to use guns
in their behalf. Now THEY are the corrupt fascist assholes.

I see it was announced today that the "corrupt fascist assholes'"
economy grew 9.1% in 2003, how's your model going, or does Bush
need more guns? :-)

Tom

What does rate of growth have to do with being fascist
assholes? How was Nazi Germany's rate of growth during the
30s?

You're the one that made the statement: "They had power because
they had people willing to use guns in their behalf."

And that was true.

Your own signature has you ascribing to the "the evil gun culture"

Ascribing WHAT to the "evil gun culture"?

Yet for all your endeavours the US economy can't match the Chinese
for growth or come close!

My endeavors, or our endeavors? As Mr. Huntress has
explained, the Chinese economy is a joke compared to the
U.S. economy.

With your attitude, it's not lacking in
assholes so you're partially there, so therefore you must need
more guns or is it you have the guns but lack the intestinal fortitude?

I take it that English is not your first language. That
being the apparent situation, I'll ignore your incoherent
usage.

Probably the latter I suspect..

Why won't you address my questions? What does rate of
growth have to do with being fascist assholes? How was Nazi
Germany's rate of growth during the 30s?

--
Robert Sturgeon,
proud member of the vast right wing conspiracy
and the evil gun culture.

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo

jim rozen writes:

Liberals are evil.

There it is. The entire US political
process reduced to black and white in
one sentence.

It looks even funnier from the outside. Over here, we have about a
dozen political parties, ranging from the Norwegian Communist Party on
the left, to the Progress Party on the (far) right. Big parties in
the center are the Conservative Party, the Worker's Party, and the
Christian Democrats. The latter now lead a coalition government, so
our current Prime Minister is a priest. Political debates can get
heated, certainly, but there is healthy respect for differing opinions.

Seen from our point of view, your Democrats and Republicans are very
similar, both representing a conservative, mostly libertarian view.
In fact, Gore Vidal's characterization seems apt: he claims that you
have a single political party, with two right wings. ;-)

In light of this, the level of enmity displayed by adherents to each
seems downright comical to us. I can only assume that the people who
spew the vitriol are extremists, and not representative of the average
American. Certainly, the impression conveyed in news media, and in
online fora like this one, does not match my own experience from two
years living in the USA.

Now how are we going to punish half
the population for being evil?

I know! I know! Regime change! Uh, wait a minute... ;-)

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, Senior System Administrator, EUnet Norway
www.eunet.no T: +47-22092958 M: +47-93013940 F: +47-22092901
Sue

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 06:07:43 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Strider" wrote in message
news

Liberals are evil. You people think you know what's best for everyone
else and if we don't go along peacefully with your warped logic then
you are ever willing to use the legal hammer to enforce your will on
us.

No wonder you people are so despised in America.

Actually, Strider, that isn't America. You're probably talking about the
western territories, which we Americans mistakenly allowed into the union.

Our gold and silver looked pretty damned good to you at the time. G
Sue

In America, neither liberals nor conservatives are despised. They're both
tolerated as legitimate parts of the polity and the political process. In
the dark recesses of angst and bitterness, paranoia, scapegoating, and
hatred -- the places where assholes like you hang out -- everybody despises
everybody.

You might need an enema. They can help with the hard cases such as yourself.

Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress

"Tom Ivar Helbekkmo" wrote in message
jim rozen writes:

[...]

You don't usually see guys like strabo and Strider during the week. They
show up on Saturdays and Sundays, when they're home on a weekend pass.

Ed Huntress

Gunner

On 20 Jan 2004 18:46:21 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Strider says...

Liberals are evil.

There it is. The entire US political
process reduced to black and white in
one sentence.

Now how are we going to punish half
the population for being evil?

Jim

Got rope?

Gunner

"As my father told me long ago, the objective is not to convince someone
with your arguments but to provide the arguments with which he later
convinces himself."
David Friedman

Ping: Gunner jim rozen Metalworking 3 November 22nd 03 03:40 PM
[Fwd: Rant](for Gunner) Lorne Metalworking 6 October 30th 03 03:31 PM
Gunner: invite me for visiting in CA Sir Al Babin Metalworking 6 September 2nd 03 08:42 AM