DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   more lathe advice... (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/141569-more-lathe-advice.html)

Karl Townsend January 23rd 06 11:59 AM

more lathe advice...

My personal favorite in that size is the LeBlond Servo-shift. get it with a
taper attachment and DRO. Many other good choices, I just ran one of these
and it was a sweet machine.

Karl

ted harris January 23rd 06 12:14 PM

more lathe advice...

13" x 40"...

Thanks again,
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com

David Billington January 23rd 06 12:41 PM

more lathe advice...

Well Karl chipped in with the leblond, I can recommend the Harrison
M300, but you did say new which rules that out. I got a new UK price a
few years ago and it was about £12k which would work out to about $21k
at the moment.

ted harris wrote:

13" x 40"...

Thanks again,

Karl Townsend January 23rd 06 01:02 PM

more lathe advice...

"David Billington" wrote in message
Well Karl chipped in with the leblond, I can recommend the Harrison M300,
but you did say new which rules that out. I got a new UK price a few years
ago and it was about £12k which would work out to about $21k at the
moment.

Sorry,

Didn't notice the "new" requirement. The only thing I can think of is the
Jet lathe. Its the best of (the worst) the Asian lathes.

Now, if it were my money, I'd buy the Leblond, used.

Karl