DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   bending stainless steel tubing (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/140570-re-bending-stainless-steel-tubing.html)

MetalHead January 16th 06 11:35 PM

bending stainless steel tubing

bloviator wrote:

Hi, I have some 1/16 wall, 5/8" OD ss tubing I'd like to bend into a
gentle curve. We have a gas welding setup here. I've made some steel
welds but have never used the heating tip. Can someone give me some
pointers? We have a curved plumbing pipe bender which I tried cold but
it dimpled the tube no matter how carefull I tried to be. Thanks.

Imperial Eastman makes benders for 5/8" OD tubing. You might have some
luck at a refrigeration supply place. I think refrigeration tubing is
measured at the OD and comes in 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" ...

Bob