Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Alex

Default Cheap Enco drill press arbor vs. Jacobs arbor

I need a drill press arbor(3MT to 6JT). I just went to Enco website and found that
"Enco" brand arbor cost $3 vs. Jacobs brand arbor for $17. Does Jacobs arbor worth extra
money?
BTW I'll be using this arbor for Jacobs 0-1/2 plain bearing chuck

Thanks,
Alex
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robin S.

"Alex" wrote in message
. com...
I need a drill press arbor(3MT to 6JT). I just went to Enco website and
found that "Enco" brand arbor cost $3 vs. Jacobs brand arbor for $17. Does
Jacobs arbor worth extra money?
BTW I'll be using this arbor for Jacobs 0-1/2 plain bearing chuck

In my experience, cheap arbours are actually quite good. They may not be as
nicely finished (the tang might be a bit rough) and they might not be heat
treated quite as nicely, but they function well.

YMMV.

Regards,

Robin