DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Adding a hinge to a harbor freight PORTABLE bandsaw? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/138500-re-adding-hinge-harbor-freight-portable-bandsaw.html)

MetalHead January 4th 06 02:49 AM

Adding a hinge to a harbor freight PORTABLE bandsaw?

Ignoramus29795 wrote:
What I am thinking of doing, in one form or another, is adding a hinge
to a harbor freight portable bandsaw, so that it becomes a little
better at making precise cuts. It could serve as a stationary bandsaw,
kind of. It would hinge around and could be lowered on stock to be
cut. Anyone tried anything like that?

I built a miter stand for one of the Porter Cable PortaBand saws. I work
a lot of square tubing and got sick of the chop saw. Pictures are in the
retired 2004 area of the Dropbox under pmiter1..4 and description.
Having used it for a couple of years now, I am really happy with it.

Good Luck,
Bob